Cabin decorated and cake for DD's birthday

I did this as a surprise for my DH on our Anniversary. It was very cute and I thought the cake was quite good, but it wasn't chocolate.

Enjoy. icon_biggrin.gif

Mary

Triumph Eastern 10/03

Victory CTN 6/17/04

Sensational Cruise from the Bayou 10/23/04

the cake was excellent better then ones you used to get in the diningroom... and the decorations are cute too icon_smile.gif i did for my DH last year when we were cruising on his birthday.

Nanc

littleangel.gif

Oceanic 9/86

Fantasy 5/97

Paradise 9/28/03

Carnival Valor 2/20/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2005;2;20;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Days til Valor Vampires Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;10;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

valorvampires.gif

The Maitre d' will be available soon after you board. He should be able to accomodate your daughter's choice of chocolate cake. (Happy Birthday wishes to her). My grandson will be celebrating his 16th birthday during our cruise in a couple of weeks. Good sailing.

Celebrating 30th cruise soon....

The day we set sail on the Conquest in January is the same day as my bf's bday. I plan on having our cabin decorated & a cake waiting for him, too. I hope they will do this for me, but will completely understand if they can't since it is on the day we set sail.

Happy sailing,

T.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;1;9;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

until my very FIRST cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;10;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

valorvampires.gif

Dont forget that the cake you order (pay for) for your cabin is not the same as the one you get from the maitre'd which is delivered during dinner, that one is free so you could do both.

E-Mail: legalcat@adelphia.net

Cruise No. 8:

September 25, 2004 - Carnival Glory (Family Cruise)

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=9>

<param name="day" value=25>

<param name="hour" value=12>

</applet>

The cake that gets delivered at dinner isnt free any more? What kind of garbage is that? Ive been kind of off the boards the past two months so I dont know if that was discussed, I'm assuming it was, but this is the first I am hearing of it, we have gotten a cake delivered on all 7 cruises for one occasion or another... the last one being in April of this year, and it was always free, in my opinion, that cake isnt worth paying for, we always only got it because it was a nice gesture and some thing fun to do etc...

E-Mail: legalcat@adelphia.net

Cruise No. 8:

September 25, 2004 - Carnival Glory (Family Cruise)

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=9>

<param name="day" value=25>

<param name="hour" value=12>

</applet>

Hey SxyEbnyFem,

There are two different ways of getting a cake. If you are talking about the cabin decorations and cake that you pay for before you board, that will be set up in your cabin when you arrive. It's like $30 and can be booked on Carnivals web site so that you have a surprise when you open the door. The other cake is ordered from the dining room on a special night and delivered at diner.

Do both....you only live once.

Sun Princess 4/74

Windjammer Fantome

7/78-8/79 (Employee)

Carnival Tropicale 06/83?

Regal Empress 6/02

Til Triumph

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;7;17;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

The new cake policy went into effect on April 7th.....basically it says: "To commemorate special occasions, guest will now have the opportunity to purchase beautifully decorated specialty cakes to be served in the dining room. Cakes will be available in two sizes...$7.95 (serves up to 6 guests) ... and $9.95 (serves up to 10 guests). These cakes represent a significant presentation upgrade and provide a high quality "center piece" to the special occasion.

Cakes can be purchased through our Bon Voyage department or on board the vessel. Alternately, our dining room staff will continue to recognize a particular event by providing a candle on the dessert of choice and singing a celebratory song, if so desired."

Got this a a letter from Carnival since I book direct.

You still do get the cake that comes with the Birthday Decoration package, and it is usually set-up and in you're cabin before you board.

You might call Carnival direct and ask if you can specifically order a chocolate cake for that package.

Habby Birthday Cabin Decorations

The Cake

As you probably noted in my review (click here and choose part 4), the decorations were in place when we arrived, but I had to visit the Maitre'D in the dining room to locate Mona's cake and keychain (part of the package.) Turns out we were just early getting into the room - cake was on the way, and eventually - after asking again - we received 2 keychains later that night.

The cake's "frosting" is more of a shell than a frosting. It feels hard, but tastes great. The cake we received was a white cake with pineapple filling. Very, very good. We received several plates and some silverware when they delivered it, and (after our steward cleaned out the refrigerator) found it set in there nicely. We snacked on it for a couple of days.

Oh, and I can confirm: there are no more free cakes in the dining room. Here is a shot of what we received in the dining room for Mona's birthday. It was the dessert she had ordered that night off the menu, with a candle in it.

Mark ºoº

5/9/04 Pride Cruise - 1st Cruise!

Visit our Webshots Gallery

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tropicalconcrete:

Hey SxyEbnyFem,

There are two different ways of getting a cake. If you are talking about the cabin decorations and cake that you pay for before you board, that will be set up in your cabin when you arrive. It's like $30 and can be booked on Carnivals web site so that you have a surprise when you open the door. The other cake is ordered from the dining room on a special night and delivered at diner. Do both....you only live once<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the info, Tropicalconcrete. I think I will do both!

Happy sailing,

T.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;1;9;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

until my very FIRST cruise

valorvampires.gif

Thank-you so much for starting this thread. I would never have known about no more cakes in the dining room. We were just expecting one because it is hubby's birthday when we board. I opted for the cabin birthday stuff. Called and ordered it today thanks to this new info!

Lori icon_razz.gif

Conquest 8/03

Second Cruise June 27, 2004 Conquest here we come again!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;6;27;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif

Archived