Wifi on Symphony of the seas

sailing feb 10 , 2  families' travelling together . can you connect to the ships wifi and use text to message other travellers without getting the zoom internet package

just looking for easiest way to communicate , i hear walki talkies are redundant on ships . not too tech savy unfortunately.

Yes, you must have the app and it will connect to the free wifi on board, but the app is the only thing you can do for free without paying for an Internet package. Within the app, you can message each other, also for free. You cannot use another program to text each other - only the messaging within the app. The two downsides are that the app may not (probably won't) notify you that you have a new message so you'll have to keep checking it, and children under 13 years old are technically not allowed to have their own account. People find ways around it - when my son was 12, I logged him in with my account and we both used my account. I could not have sent him a free message but my husband could have sent it to "me" on his phone.