Carnival Conquest Cozumel Mayan Ruins at Tulum Tour

WhatALife

WHEW, Gonna be a hot one!! But well worth it if you ask me!

My hubby and I did this tour on the Triumph in September 2001, and loved it! Just make sure that you bring something to keep you cool, like one of those neck thingys or something icon_smile.gif

Nikki

(O.A.T.C. & Proud of it!)

royalsmallwide.gif

hounds3.gif

Triumph 09/08/01, Holiday 04/17/02, Inspiration 01/19/03, Triumph 05/10/03, Ecstacy 09/15/03, Conquest CONQUESTADORS!! 01/11/04

http://community.webshots.com/user/nikkifer

We've gone to Tulum twice and loved it both times. Like the previous poster said, it is usually very hot. Only downside is that there's really no time left afterwards to see anything else at Cozumel.

Wear your swimsuits under your clothes in case you have time for a dip in the ocean there at the ruins. It may help cool you down a bit, and it is just GORGEOUS!

We did Tulum on our own while in Calica in March (so it was a bit easier for us, less time what with no ferrying to mainland) and we were SO GLAD we went. The site is just awe-inspiring. We took lots of pics and videocamera as well. Wear good, sturdy shoes as the terrain is challenging and take lots of water!!!

(If you want to see our pics at photoisland, send me your email address & I can send you a link/invitation to view them. At photoisland you have to be sent a link by the "owner" of the pics, unlike webshots where a link can be pasted anywhere, sorry!)

Penny

Disney Magic~~Eastern 7/03

Carnival Celebration~~Western 3/04

Aug 1, 2004 Carnival Elation--Yippee, Our 3rd Cruise!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;1;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

I say go for it. It was a great experience, but then again I love that kind of thing. I went in March and it was HOT, HOT, HOT! Bring lot's of water to drink.

There is a beach area that you can swim in if you have time. Some people on our tour actually took it for the beach access...not the learning experience. They spent the entire time (after finding out what time we would be leaving to return to the ship) at the beach. The tour does come with a box lunch (which wasn't too bad).

NCL Sunward 1992

Premier (Big Red Boat) 1998

Sovereign of the Seas 2000

Fascination 2001

Carnival Spirit 2002

Carnival Conquest 2003

Enchantment of the Seas 2003

Sensation 2004

Its a long tour.. mostly traveling. We stopped at a "soverneir" stand on the way. Be warned that stand is very expensive and you woul dbe better off purchasing when you got back to the pier.

We went in September of last year...HOT HOT HOT. You are at the ruins for 2 hours. (buy the bus tickets in at 1. 50 each. money well spent. The ruins here are breathtaking as well as the scenery. It is a once in a lifetime thing.

Now that I have been there I want to check out other ruins in other areas on my next cruise

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

I was suprised when reading about this excursion that they were only providing a light snack for a 7 hour tour. Is that the box lunch mentioned above? What was in the lunch that is provided? Were there places at the ruins to buy snacks/food if you wanted to?

If you have done the tour on your won, was it easy enough to do or I am better off to go through Carnival. We have 15 hours in Cozumel (due to missing our other port) if that makes a difference on trying it on our own.

Ally

Imagination....July 29, 2004

Brilliance of the Seas....June 2003

Because it is a long excursion I think it would be safer to book the tour using the cruislines. Total travel time is 4 hours hours...give or take a few moments. If you ran into traffic, or your bus broke down or the ferry is too crowded or you missed it....the ship will not wait for you.

Also- I dont think the price is a lot cheaper to do it on your own. Its the transportation that costs the most.

And yes, there is are places at Tulum to get food.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

Archived