Rum Point - What should I not miss on the way there ?

barb0701

We will be renting a jeep on our upcomming cruise while in GC *** was wondering if anyone can give me some ideas of places not to miss while on our way to Rum Pointe. I want to see some of those blow holes, where can I find them ?

We went to Rum Point last week.We didn't stop to see anything on the way. To little time. Didn't seem like a lot to see on the highway. some beautiful beaches. Nothing that compared to rum point. As soon as we arrived home we started looking for hotel rooms to return there and spend some time.

The blow holes are located along the south coast in the district of East End. Rather than turning left onto Frank Sound Rd to shortcut across the island, you simply continue straight ahead.

The blow holes are a natural formation. Holes in the ironshore cause incoming waves or ocean swell to surge upward in geyser-like fashion. This can be rather spectacular if and only if there is ocean swell and/or wind driven waves from a southerly direction, usually southeast.

If there is little or no swell or waves on that shore, there is nothing at all to see at the blow holes. As you drive out through Bodden Town and Breakers (where the Lighthouse restaurant is located) look out at the sea to your right. If it is placid and calm, then there is no point making the diversion to the blow holes.

This is a roadside stop, and there is no fee.

Archived