Majesty versus Fascination

drpclarke

I am torn between the two. Itineraries are similar. Has anyone been on both of these ships, and if so, which was "better?" I am talking generally, with regards to atmosphere and quality of service.

Thanks!

Rachel

I liked both cruise lines. BUT found I had a better nightlife on Carnival. Carnival gave me choices of Music or a show or trivia or etc.etc. I was not bored but i like having choices. Royal gave me a choice of what kind of music I liked. that was it. Other then that my cruise experience was the same.

Whats the price differenceof each cruise??

And fromw hat port is each sailing and how will you get there.

Maybe sail one this year and the other next.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

Somewhat depends on itinerary..are you going 4 day or 3 day? Majesty is a great ship and having the extra port of Coco Cay is worth the difference to me. We are sailing on Fascination 4 day for Thanksgiving because the family wanted both Key West and Cozumel..tired of Nassau. Cozumel is much nicer than Nassau in my opinion. So depends on what you want. Entertaiment is more 'fun' on Carnival, comedians, and party atmosphere... Majesty still is a good time. We feel the food on Carnival is much better than RCL. Cabins on Carnival much larger than RCL. Both are a nice getaway for a short cruise. If you are looking at Fascination 4 night June-Nov some weeks are not going to Key West due to pier construction. For me..the 3 night I would pick RCL becuz of Coco Cay..for the 4 night it would depend on your preference in itinerary.. cozumel or nassau? if you like beach days, the time in Coco Cay is paradise.

Chris Mitchell

16 Voyages completed 1999-2004, 81 wonderful days at sea

dreaming of ....

Norwegian Crown 8/04

Carnival Fascination 11/04

Just an FYI.

Carnival cancelled Key West in the summer for Facinaction and Imagination(June-Aug) due to the port getting work. They are staying in Cozemel longer and this will be the only port. I had already booked Majesty due to Coco Cay and I wanted to try a new line. I loved Carnivals Inspiration. Now I am more confident because RCI is still going to Key West.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;08;23;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

NEXT: Majesty of the Seas 8/23/04,Carnival Legend CTN 10/22/04

PAST: Inspiration 8/24/03

I've been on Majesty just recently (April) and have been on the fantasy class Carnival ships several times. I thought the nightlife was somewhat more lively on Carnival, but that also depends on the time of year you go. If it's summer, it should be similar on both lines.

Comparing ships, the Majesty is much more upscale looking and the service was outstanding, especially in the dining rooms. Food was pretty comparable on both lines. Standard cabins are larger on Carnival.

Bottom line, if you are looking for something a bit more upscale, prettier ship, and better service, go with Majesty. If cabin size and party life is more important, go with Carnival.

caribbeanqueen3@comcast.net

You all are wonderful!

Both are going to Nassau-----but Majesty is also going to Cococay, while Fascination is doing day at sea. We are going in December.

As I am bringing my 5 year old, I'm not worried about nightlife.....too bad!

It sounds like Majesty will be better, if I can survive the small cabin :0)

Thanks!

Rachel

Rachel-

I have been on both ships and found the Fascination to be much better, hands down, across the board...service, food, and entertainment. The Majesty was my first cruise and I left it disappointed. I actually told my husband I would never cruise again. Six months later, we found a deal on the Imagination that we couldn't pass up and I have been a Carnival fan ever since.

It's all a matter of taste. You may love the Majesty. It just wasn't for me. We sailed in December on her and they cancelled Cococay. From what we were told, this is fairly common due to rough waters and tendering.

Good luck!

Michelle

Carnival Glory 8/21/04

Carnival Fascination 9/02

Carnival Imagination 6/01

Majesty of the Seas 12/00

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;8;21;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Glory - August 21, 2004 - Here we come!!

I don't think you can go wrong on either. Majesty had great entertainment when I was on it, but fascination usually is cheaper. Having too many good choices can be a problem. icon_cool.gif

JV The 4 stages of cruising: planning, anticipation, experience and reflection.

I would pick Majesty over Fascination. My last cruise on Fascination (April '04) was disappointing. Loved the Majesty when we did the 4 day Aug '03. I thought the service was outstanding. Going for the 3 night in January.

Shirley

cruising-courtesy-kindness

Surprise! 4 Night to Canada on the Victory . . . July 22, 2004

3-Night Anniversary Cruise on Majesty of the Seas . . . January 7, 2005

Family spring break cruise on the Dawn . . . April 17, 2005

NCL Majesty 11/98

CCL Ecstasy 1/01

CCL Fascination 11/01

CCL Fascination 4/03

RCI Majesty of the Seas 8/03

CCL Imagination 12/03

CCL Fascination 5/04