courtyard tampa downtown?

oakleys

is the marriot courtyard tampa downtown the one near the port for the miracle. and has a free shuttle thanks anyone. & any review would be great.. its the one at 102 e cass street

Yes. It's less than a mile from the port, and a very nice hotel. The Marriott Waterside is closer but is quite a bit more $$

Main disadvantage to staying in downtown Tampa: they pretty much roll up the streets and sidewalks at night. You can go to Channelside or Ybor City if you want to barhop or eat at the Columbia Restaurant (highly recommend) but those are cab rides away. Just not alot to do in downtown Tampa. There's a bit of construction in the area too, so driving is a bit confusing right now. Marriott is very nice but pricey, you might try to go thru Priceline (can I post that?) or another online agency to get a reduced rate there. They have restaurants and a nice view, also closer to Channelside, restaurants and shops, right at the Port. The Hyatt is nice too. Are you flying in? If so, you may want to look into staying in the Westshore area, it is close to the airport., lots of restaurants, mall, etc. Some of the hotels there have shuttles to the port too.

Liz

Main disadvantage to staying in downtown Tampa: they pretty much roll up the streets and sidewalks at night. You can go to Channelside or Ybor City if you want to barhop or eat at the Columbia Restaurant (highly recommend) but those are cab rides away. Just not alot to do in downtown Tampa. There's a bit of construction in the area too, so driving is a bit confusing right now. Marriott is very nice but pricey, you might try to go thru Priceline (can I post that?) or another online agency to get a reduced rate there. They have restaurants and a nice view, also closer to Channelside, restaurants and shops, right at the Port. The Hyatt is nice too. Are you flying in? If so, you may want to look into staying in the Westshore area, it is close to the airport., lots of restaurants, mall, etc. Some of the hotels there have shuttles to the port too.

Liz

yep we will fly in but we have 2 kids so that hotel looked good as it has a pool outside, we may go like on a thursday & leave sunday on the cruise. just to extend the holiday a bit. ahh liz you are from tampa so pefect, you know whats up!

I am from Clearwater, right across the bay from Tampa. I think it's a great hotel, have stayed there myself, and disagree that Tampa has poor nightlife. The Tampa Theater is right next door as is the Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center. The Forum is a short walk or very short cab ride away, depending on when you come you could catch a Lightning or Storm game. The Channelside district, where the port is, has lots of dining and entertainment available and the Florida Aquarium is right next door to it. Ybor City is another short cab ride away. All of these areas are connected by a trolley system that is free, I believe. If you are gonna be here 3 or 4 days though, you might want to consider renting a car and staying on Clearwater or St Pete Beach. They are some of the finest beaches anywhere.

Archived