Transportation from the Orlando Marriott

OHTERRY

We are sailing on the Glory in September. Staying at the Orlando Marriott (Airport) and taking the transporation provided by Carnival to Port Canaveral. Since we are arriving the day before our instructions state that we will need to take the hotel shuttle back to the airport to catch the Carnival shuttle. Has anyone experienced any problems with this set up? This is our 7th cruise and we always have a different experience with shuttles, embarkation, etc. However, no matter the experience always have a wonderful time!

• 4 weeks later...

We Are Staying Right At The Airport But I Wouldn't Think You Should Have Any Problem. This Is Our 11th Cruise And It Has All Worked Out. You Are Not That Far From The Airport, Just Make Sure You Ask At The Desk When You Check In. If They Can't Assure You, Then Take A Taxi. We Just Decided To Stay Right At The Airport So Wouldn't Have To Mess With Luggage, Etc.

We stayed at this hotel for our April 1st cruise on the Sensation. After picking up your bags, use the phones to call the hotel, they'll tell you were to meet the hotel van. The van will have the Marriott name on it, we were unsure of what van because several unmarked vans and cars pulled into the spot they told us to wait at, it took about an 1/2 hour before the Marriott van arrived. The vans run every 15 minutes in the morning till 10 or 11. We just walked out the doors, a van was waiting for anyone ready to go to the airport, jumped in, they dropped us off right at the Mears Shuttle area, went inside showed the Carnvial rep out transfer tags, got on the bus. That easy.

We enjoyed this hotel, I was traveling by myself with two childern. The pool was a ton of fun for the kids, along with trying to catch lizards for most of the day. But the food and drinks were a little high priced. I really didn't notice any where you could walk to get something to eat. But wouldn't have any ways given the fact it just me and the kids and I did not know the area at all.

Archived