Viking to Ukraine in May (Lavrinenkov)

tpb100

Hi folks--Am going in May and want to know if I can meet at least one American or English-speaking person on the cruise--No one but me is on roll call for this ship! Or at least post your thoughts about a possible language-problem. Usually can communicate at least somewhat in Western-language countries, but am having trouble with Ukrainian tapes, books, etc. (do not know Russian either.) What do you all think about this? -- We are going on all excursions but still want to wander at least a bit on our own. Or at least communicate any thoughts about Viking cruises, particularly if possible the Lavrinenkov. Thanks for any input--

We're on the same trip and only speak English. We've been on Viking's Moscow to St Petersburg cruise and it was great. The ship is the same and was fine. Food very good. Small staterooms, but they "work". Viking did a great job and we don't anticipate any big time language problems. I just hope that the upcoming elections don't disrupt things..i.e. last minute requiement for a visa.

See you on board.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived