Radi..of..Sea--after dry dock??what's she like?

Seamo

Hello to all,

I've read that Radiance of the Seas was in Dry Dock just a few weeks ago.

For those of you, who might have had experience on her after that event ; could you ( if you would) shed some light on her present condition. What happened in dry? New carpet..cabin refurbish..etc.

We read some troubling posts here and else -where that there were considerable "plumbing" and "age-wear" issues with Radiance OS. This is to be expected with any ship after years in service, ....

...but ... when you read a "dry Dock" has been scheduled --

--one gets the feeling that a re-juvenated ROS could be a grande experience.

Any input into RAD O Seas will be most welcomed ... and our many thanks ... in advance.

Looking to Sea..mo

I was on the Radiance OS 2/19 1st sailing aftrer dry dock. SHe looked very good with new chairs in windjammer and in theater, new carpet through out...the only wear and tear I could see what the wood in the cabin was all scratched...beautiful ship! Enjoy!

We read some troubling posts here and else -where that there were considerable "plumbing" and "age-wear" issues with Radiance OS.
Really?! :confused:

I've read mostly glowing reports on Radiance with many claiming it to be their favorite RCCL ship. Actually I don't recall ever seeing anything negative about her here on CC.

I'm very much looking forward to sailing her in, oh, let me look at my sig, 150 days. :cool:

Really?! :confused:

I've read mostly glowing reports on Radiance with many claiming it to be their favorite RCCL ship. Actually I don't recall ever seeing anything negative about her here on CC.

Probably referring to those nasty reviews in the review section. There are 2 ppl (prob travelled together) that slammed the ship as being condemnable. I remember reading them at first and was initially worried -- I'm sure that was what these reviewers had intended. Whatever their agenda, I doubt it was to give an honest and fair account of what the Radiance is really like.

Probably referring to those nasty reviews in the review section. There are 2 ppl (prob travelled together) that slammed the ship as being condemnable. I remember reading them at first and was initially worried -- I'm sure that was what these reviewers had intended. Whatever their agenda, I doubt it was to give an honest and fair account of what the Radiance is really like.
Oh, okay. I don't visit the review area much. Guess that's a good thing. Everything I've read here on the RCCL board has been very positive.

Of course, now you've got me curious so I'll probably go sneak a peek. :rolleyes: :p

BTW, Happy Honeymoon! :)

Reading some of those negative reviews, in and around the time I was actually ON the ship (12/11/05 sailing) made me think these people were on a different ship....even down to the blackjack rules. (I did PLENTY of doubling down on splits! LOL...and have never played at any table where they let you take more than one card after splitting aces)

I was also in an identical room to one of the reviewers (five doors down), and will tell you, there is nothing drab about her. Okay....the shower comment was pretty valid, but that's about it! Maybe they had four people in the cabin, but it was plenty roomy, with TONS of storage, for two (and even for three that were in my brother's room next door)

You have zero to fear about Radiance. She is gorgeous with a fine crew!

Tracy

Hi to All ,

We do appreciate all the input. Once, we sailed on the non-smoking "Splendor of the Seas" having been lured by the no smoke ... but more so because at that time it had just scheduled a "Dry Dock" and would be four weeks out at the time of our sail. The work done was limited ..... some carpet replacement and a few new furniture peices in public areas. Some paint and an ongoing re-varnish ( still at it as our cruise began and ended ten days later). We were hoping to find a re-freshed cabin but (while still ok) they were really showing age with the feel of "we should have stopped much earlier, dear!" late night highway motel blues tune.

We are considering booking a hump on deck 10 and as before, ... "hoping" for that ... "wow". Any cruise is better than no cruise but we had the great experience of sailing the Carnival Legend just a few months brand new. WOW!

I'll start a new thread for the cabin questions so as not to muddy the line here....and real thanks for the replys.

we're just itch'in to ........ Sea..mo

We have been on the Radiance twice and it is our favorite ship class. We also have only booked the hump cabins on 9th floor and love it. We tried the new Carnival Glory and it was a nice ship but going back to the RCCL Radiance class. Sailing Serenade in November and can't wait.

Archived