What do I need to know about Arvia?

Waju

We are booked on Arvia for the Mediterranean in April, deliberately after the school holidays so there are fewer children. We wanted to try one of the big cruise ships, so we can have knowledge for future cruises. Looking forward to the cruise and will no doubt find the quieter locations if we feel the need.

Edited by AlexMcSpot
  • Like 2

On 2/10/2024 at 4:09 PM, Interestedcruisefan said:

It's a big ship (as you know) but we just use the smaller/quality places on the ship so it doesn't feel so big

(Also will help if you aren't travelling in school holidays)

So our favourite spots are as follows

710 Club - need to book slots immediately you board

Anderson's bar for cocktails (no booking necessary)

Crows Nest for cocktails (no booking necessary)

Swim up pool bar for frozen cocktails (no booking needed of course but if you want sunbeds near it on a sea day you will need to be early riser

The sushi restaurant (needs pre-booking)

Epicurean (needs pre-booking)

The Gym - top quality

Limelight Bar (def needs pre-booking)

One of the smaller MDRs book on the app

Theatre - pre book so no need to arrive mega early to queue (big theatre but that's theatres for you)

Cinema - small cinema

If you are someone who is happy to eat 6.30pm or earlier - everything is easier to book

If you are in any of these places at any stage you won't feel the hustle and bustle of being on a big ship

If you are in Brodies, The Clubhouse, the Atrium or round the pool in the Dome area you WILL know you are on a big ship

Walking to all these places that are nice and calm - the distance you walk will remind you that you are on a big ship

That's my tips

We are on Arvia for 2 weeks in the Caribbean from next Friday

Lots of good info there. We are due to go on Arvia at the end of your cruise, and I have two questions if you can answer them please:

1/ Do you know how many formal evenings there are, and when?

2/ How do you know what the entertainment is going to be if you pre-book?

Thank you. Have a great cruise!

Helen

23 minutes ago, nellydean said:

Where did you find out which nights the formals were, please?

They appear on your cruise personaliser, in the itinerary. I think I only saw it about 4 weeks before. When the dining is available for booking (about 15 days before), the night Chefs Table is available also confirms that is the formal night.

The bookable entertainment also appears about 14/15 days before.

Edited by Leomins

According to the My P&O Cruises web site, on our Mediterranean 14 day cruise, there will be two formal nights (one celebration, one black tie) one each week and on sea days. Just logon and scroll through Your Itinerary, although be aware these are not fixed and may change once on board.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nellydean said:

Lots of good info there. We are due to go on Arvia at the end of your cruise, and I have two questions if you can answer them please:

1/ Do you know how many formal evenings there are, and when?

2/ How do you know what the entertainment is going to be if you pre-book?

Thank you. Have a great cruise!

Helen

1 formal a week

They show the dress code for dining each night on the  itinerary when you log on to pre book dining

And for entertainment they tell you the options each night and times you can book on the app

I've booked every theatre show and a couple of epicurean so far

Not bothered about limelight

But if I have opportunities to book 710 club will cancel or switch some of those theatre bookings accordingly when we board on Friday

The app won't let you double book slots

We've chosen Friday to Friday cruise rather than Saturday to Saturday this year to give us more chance to secure 710 club bookings as soon as we board

Will add more restaurant bookings once we know where we stand with 710 club bookings

Edited by Interestedcruisefan