"Sideways" solo cabins on Escape, what is the layout?

gzmtlock

Looking at a solo on Escape next January.  Going back and forth between a studio and balcony.  Biggest downsides to a studio to me are nothing to sit on besides the bed and very little room to do my daily yoga.  Looking at the deck plans, it looks like there are a few "sideways" studios, where you enter the cabin on the long wall instead of the short wall.  How does this change the layout of the room?  Is there perhaps a tiny bit more floor space?

On 2/10/2024 at 1:54 PM, gzmtlock said:

Looking at a solo on Escape next January.  Going back and forth between a studio and balcony.  Biggest downsides to a studio to me are nothing to sit on besides the bed and very little room to do my daily yoga.  Looking at the deck plans, it looks like there are a few "sideways" studios, where you enter the cabin on the long wall instead of the short wall.  How does this change the layout of the room?  Is there perhaps a tiny bit more floor space?

Not sure what you're referring to. All of the studio cabins have entrance doors on the "longer" of the walls. Rectangular room, bed on either left or right side, shower+toilet opposite side of the room from that. The layout should be almost identical for every cabin

edit:  I believe what you're seeing on the deck plan are the indicators for rooms connecting doors. Not all studios have those (it's either a wall with a mirror or a door with a mirror)

Edited by macewank
  • Like 1

I was in Escape 11519. All the Studio cabins have just about the same orientation and space. I did enjoy the "space pod", but yes, no real place to sit. I would suggest doing yoga in the Fitness Center during non-class times if you do decide on a Studio.

Thanks, I appreciate the info.  Decided to go with a solo balcony, for the larger space.  I'm excited about the opportunity to cruise alone for my "January reset!"