Conquest, With Kids

nonalb

I Know That Carnival Has "camp Carnival", But Does Anybody Have Any Other Ideas On How To Get Your Kids Involved With Others. I Don't Want Them Wasting Half The Trip Before They Meet New Friends.

Also, Does Anybody Know The Cost Of The Soda Card, Verses Just Buying A Soda When You Want One.

Thanks For All The Help.

I Love This Place

On the first night of the cruise Camp Carnival will have a meet and greet/info session for the parents and children.

This is where the kids can meet other children for the first time. Even my teenage son goes to this first meeting just to find kids to hang out with. After the first night they will all be meeting up at the arcade/teen club etc. and become great friends for the cruise.

My son even keeps in contact with kids he met 2-3 yrs ago via telephone/internet.

Your kids will have a wonderful time and never want toleave Camp Carnival. I had to literally drag my daughter out each day and night....

Carla

Agree with the previous poster about having your kids attend the first night's meet and greet for their age group.

Also, if you're kids are older (teens) and like basketball, have them bring a ball on board and head for the court. They'll start making friends right away. There's no age limit for the court, of course, but it's usually older teens and young adults who play games up there.

In addition, they can also make friends at the pool........even if Mom has to introduce them (I did this on our first cruise with the kids.....they were a little shy so I started up the conversation. In a matter of minutes, they had a few more friends ;) ).

About the soda card, I bought one each for my kids, mostly for the convenience (I didn't activate their sail and sign).

for our kids-- they each carried on a 12 pack of their soda--once it was gone-- that was it. Cans of soda cost 1.75 now plus the 15% gratutity.

Onboard there is free iced tea, lemonade and fruit punch. If the kids dont like the tea have them experiment with half tea and half lemonade.

THe first meeting onbaord is VERY important..and some teens think its lame or uncool.. but if you make it mandatory they will secretly thank youlater in the week.

Also early dining is a huge help with kids onboard.

for our kids-- they each carried on a 12 pack of their soda--once it was gone-- that was it. Cans of soda cost 1.75 now plus the 15% gratutity.

Onboard there is free iced tea, lemonade and fruit punch. If the kids dont like the tea have them experiment with half tea and half lemonade.

THe first meeting onbaord is VERY important..and some teens think its lame or uncool.. but if you make it mandatory they will secretly thank youlater in the week.

Also early dining is a huge help with kids onboard.

Our 16 year old purchased a soda card. He mainly drank iced tea and lemonade with meals, but when I asked him at the end of the trip if he used it enough to justify the cost, he said yes - but of course he drank about 7 cokes a day. We only took 6 sodas per cabin in Galveston this year because that is all we were allowed to bring on Carnival 2 years ago.

Our son did not want to join Camp Carnival - he spent time in the arcade area, the teen disco, the slide and the pool. He feels more comfortable in smaller social settings. Luckily being Spring break there were two boys his age from his school on board. He hung around with them about four nights.

If your kids enjoy meeting other kids they will seek them out automatically - if they enjoy being by themselves they will have fun on their own. We hardly saw our 16 year old. However, our 21 year old spent more time with us than he has in 8 months. How about that!

This was both boys first cruise and they said they would like to go again.

We bought a soda card for our 15 yr old last week on the Conquest and it was $28 plus tip which came to just under $33. Our 18 yr old was happy with the punch and ice tea. My younger guy did some of the activities but mostly met people at the arcade.

thanks to everybody that answers these, it's so nice to hear from people that have recently traveled. things seem to change all the time, so getting to hear from all the recent trip takers is a great help.

Archived