Payment process for excursions

rjp50

I see people talking about entering credit card information when they make their reservations.  However, under my account there is a field to fill out for credit card information for any expenses incurred while on board.  If this is filled out prior to booking excursions before the trip, will this card automatically be used to pay for the excursions or must I still manually enter card information each time I pay for the excursions in my cart?  Note: I will be paying by credit card, not ACH transfer.

Yep, you have to enter the CC info every time, which will slow you down. We typically put everything on our card, but knowing this issue, we opted for the ACH transfer instead. It was so much easier. We booked all our optional and included ones in about 15-20 minutes, and that was about 18 excursions we had to book.

I did write up some tips on how we did it...

• Like 1

Thanks.  One more thing - We are traveling with another couple and want to take most tours together.  Unfortunately, when our window opens up to make reservations we will be on another cruise and will not be able to communicate directly with the other couple should there be some last minute changes required.  So, our plan is for me to make both sets of reservations and charge them all to my credit card.  They will then reimburse us for their share.  I have their login information.  Is there anything else I will need to make this happen?

11 hours ago, rjp50 said:

I see people talking about entering credit card information when they make their reservations.  However, under my account there is a field to fill out for credit card information for any expenses incurred while on board.  If this is filled out prior to booking excursions before the trip, will this card automatically be used to pay for the excursions or must I still manually enter card information each time I pay for the excursions in my cart?  Note: I will be paying by credit card, not ACH transfer.

It’s really not a problem to enter the cc info, especially if your device has your details stored. A couple of seconds longer to enter the few parts which are not automatically filled or clicked to fill.

8 hours ago, rjp50 said:

.  So, our plan is for me to make both sets of reservations and charge them all to my credit card. 

I’ve done this but I’ve used two laptops at the same time. By the time you log in and out of one account and then go to the other, some prized excursions might be gone. This is particularly true if you’re DV or V. 

10 hours ago, LindaS272 said:

It’s really not a problem to enter the cc info, especially if your device has your details stored. A couple of seconds longer to enter the few parts which are not automatically filled or clicked to fill.

Ours would not auto-fill on their form. I have it for all of the sites I use, but it didn't work on Viking.

16 hours ago, rjp50 said:

Thanks.  One more thing - We are traveling with another couple and want to take most tours together.  Unfortunately, when our window opens up to make reservations we will be on another cruise and will not be able to communicate directly with the other couple should there be some last minute changes required.  So, our plan is for me to make both sets of reservations and charge them all to my credit card.  They will then reimburse us for their share.  I have their login information.  Is there anything else I will need to make this happen?

I would recommend paying for each one as you go. Many people have said if they put them all in the cart then checked out, things were gone by the time they checked out. And like @CDR2001 said, I would highly recommend you log in on 2 devices, or have someone (your spouse?) doing theirs at the same time as yours.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, kctwinmommy said:

Ours would not auto-fill on their form. I have it for all of the sites I use, but it didn't work on Viking.

I did say “or click to fill” when your device stores your cc details & name and address, as mine does. Just an iPhone.

1 hour ago, LindaS272 said:

I did say “or click to fill” when your device stores your cc details & name and address, as mine does. Just an iPhone.

Yes, I have that as well, but it didn't work on my laptop. Others have said the same thing, that they had to enter it every time.

With the ACH, it was there in the drop-down menu when we had to select our payment, and it went through super easy.

9 hours ago, kctwinmommy said:

Yes, I have that as well, but it didn't work on my laptop. Others have said the same thing, that they had to enter it every time.

With the ACH, it was there in the drop-down menu when we had to select our payment, and it went through super easy.

My point, however, is that our experience with click to fill details only take a few seconds longer with cc info, and has not affected our ability to get the excursions we want. Some people don’t want to use ACH and prefer cc so I’m letting them know it’s not a problem.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LindaS272 said:

My point, however, is that our experience with click to fill details only take a few seconds longer with cc info, and has not affected our ability to get the excursions we want. Some people don’t want to use ACH and prefer cc so I’m letting them know it’s not a problem.

Oh yes, of course it won't take more than a few seconds. We certainly would have preferred to use our C.C. as well, but it wasn't working for us, and I didn't want to waste time entering it every time. I just know that it doesn't work for everyone. I've read several people comment in the past that they had to physically enter all the CC info each time, and it slowed them down. We were lucky, our excursions have barely sold out. But I know others have said that they can already see several excursions sold out for whatever cruise they're taking, so their options are limited.