Spirit cabin question?

ccrgjalk

Are the inside staterooms on deck 11 suitable for 2 adults and 2 small children?:confused:

Or is it worth the money to get a suite?

When you bring the kids is it really like a vacation where you can have adult time and family time combined?:cool:

I can't speak for the Spirit but my experience is that depending on the age of the children that at least a balcony cabin is necessary. My kids are 3 and 5 and we take them everytime. It's a great time for all. How old are your kids ? I bumped up to a Suite this time but only as it was being offered as an upsell. If you decide to bump up, let them upsell you as your upsell cost will be less than if you were to compare without they upselling you.

When you bring the kids is it really like a vacation where you can have adult time and family time combined?:cool:

If your kids are old enough to attend Kids Crew, then the answer is absolutley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently, and unfortunately the SPIRIT has no balcony cabins that will sleep 4, so you are stuck between an inside and a suite. I would think that an inside would be sufficient then save the difference in the suite price for extra things onboard. In addition, the SPIRIT has one of the best kids areas around, so your little ones should have a great time.

~Intrepid

We've always had great luck cruising as a family. The time we spent apart when DS was in the kid's camp was great; and time we got back together (always for dinner, and for any excursions) was great too!

I also have a Spirit cabin question and hope Intrepid Guy sees this: we have cabin #9630 booked for April 2. I was checking out your photos on Webshots (which are GREAT, by the way...thanks so much for sharing!). You had photos of cabin #9000. Do you happen to know if the size and layout of these 2 cabins is similar or the same? I've looked at the different categories on NCL's website, and noticed that some of these cabins are set up with 2 singles, and some are set up only as a queensize bed, which was somewhat confusing to me.

Thanks from your "Grand Rapids" connection!

We had cabin 11103 ?? (not quite sure of the number, but it was deck 11 forward) on our cruise to Alaska in Sept 2003 and it was small, but we spent little time there. It had two lower beds and two fold down beds. If you are also planning to spend little time in the cabins then it should not be much of a problem. If you plan spending time in there all together then it could be a problem. Having everyone in the cabin all trying to get ready at the same time could also be and issue. I am usually an early riser, so I would wake, shower, and go have coffee in the buffet while my fiance slept. She would usually join me in an hour and we would have breakfast together. One funny note is that everytime should would come to meet me I was always seated at a table with only women (I wasn't doing this consciously, they were the only seats open, honest), she kept kidding me about finding me with the "girls" every morning. If you do decide to share an inside cabin I would suggest a schedule where one adult & one child got ready then vacated while the other pair got ready.

I also have a Spirit cabin question and hope Intrepid Guy sees this: we have cabin #9630 booked for April 2. I was checking out your photos on Webshots (which are GREAT, by the way...thanks so much for sharing!). You had photos of cabin #9000. Do you happen to know if the size and layout of these 2 cabins is similar or the same? I've looked at the different categories on NCL's website, and noticed that some of these cabins are set up with 2 singles, and some are set up only as a queensize bed, which was somewhat confusing to me.

Thanks from your "Grand Rapids" connection!

Michigal - Thanks for the kudos on the photos. As for the room. As far as I know, and I am pretty sure - every balcony cabin on the SPIRIT is the same regardless of category. As far as the bed set up, a majority of the rooms can be set up either way, singles or a queen. If the beds cannot be put together or seperated, it will be noted on the deckplan. I found on NCL.com that your specific room has a queen sized bed, so it cannot be split into two twins.

If I can help you in any other way, let me know.

~intrepid

First time cruiser and am looking to book on the spirit for July. There will be four of us traveling ranging in age from 21-45.

From what I understand the only option for the four of us to room together would be an inside cabin. Is this correct?

In your opinion is this going to be really tight for 4 adults since it seems like most parties of 4 were 2 adults and 2 children?

Thanks... I'm excited to book.

The board has been really helpful and has gotten me really excited! :D

We are sailing tomorrow (yeah!) on the Spirit. I have four in a room and we have an oceanview cabin on Deck 4. We just have a porthole and are low in the ship but I heard low is good from a motion standpoint.

Hope this helps.

Alison

We are sailing tomorrow (yeah!) on the Spirit. I have four in a room and we have an oceanview cabin on Deck 4. We just have a porthole and are low in the ship but I heard low is good from a motion standpoint.

Hope this helps.

Alison

Alison,

would love to hear how you like it when you return! Enjoy your trip.

All adults or adults and children?

It's myself and my husband and our two children - ages 7 and 10. I still think it will be tight with four in a room - just didn't want to spend extra money on 2nd room. Plus they did not charge me for the kids on this cruise, just government charges. I think I got one of the last rooms on the boat with a window that would hold four people. I'll let you know how it was when I get back.

Alison

Archived