UPGRADE, is it a good or bad one?

jp2001

Upgrade???

I booked a 1A guaranteed and got assigned a 4A cabin. I know a 4A is a standard inside cabin vs. a A1 being a inside lower/upper berth cabin. But since the cabin I was assigned is no. 7345 and is right beside staircase/elevator (see this deck plan: http://leisure.travelocity.com/Vacations/Cruise/Ship/DeckPlans/0,2443,TCYCA_190_1402_,00.html), do you think I should ask to be put on the 1A Guaranteed list again? I fear a very noisy area, at every hour. What do you think?

Carnival Valor for the Vampires Halloween Party: countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=da70d6&cdt=2005;10;30;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

NCL Dawn, December 2003

I wouldn't be worried about being near the stairs. I've had a cabin several times near stairs and I didn't hear a thing. However, I would be concerned about what is the big blank space shown on the deck plan on the other side of your cabin???

Jan

NEXT CRUISE - MIRACLE 2/13/05!

Triumph, Inspiration, Holiday, Explorer of the Seas, Granduer of the Seas, Glory, Conquest, Sensation

That's a 4D, not a 4A. A 4A would still be Riviera deck, so you were moved several decks up icon_smile.gif. I got upgraded from 1A to 4D on my upcoming cruise and the difference saved me about $500. I'm sure you're in a good location!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Too many days since the Legend (10/03)

Looking forward to Victory...6/04!!!

We have never booked a gaurantee. However, we have always selected a specific cabin and always get one as close as possible to the stairs,elevators. We have never had any problems with noise and find that location to be very convenient.

Tony

2005 Miracle April 24th

2004 Legend

2003 Paradise

2002 Paradise

2000 Destiny

1999 Fascination

1998 Fantasy

One thing I have noticed about the 1A cabins is that most (if not all) are in the very front or back of the ship which tends to be where there is more movement. I would think this is a very good upgrade as I have been told that the elevator area is really not as noisy as you would expect it to be.

Enjoy! Congrats on the upgrade!

Carnival Victory, here I come!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;10;02;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Looks like a good spot to me too! I also like cabins near the elevator / stairs - just makes my cabin seem closer to the action. I'm sure with all the cruisers that stay in these cabins, they've done something to cut down on the bleed-through of noise. Otherwise, they'd get nothing but complaints. Relax and enjoy icon_cool.gif

This is a good location! I think you did very well, booking a 1A and getting upgraded to a 4D.

Beth

~~~~~~~~~~~

Countdown to Glory

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;05;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Emerald Seas 6/86

Emerald Seas 11/87

S.S. Royale 10/88

Celebration 6/97

Grandeur of the Seas 6/98

Sensation 6/99

Carnival Triumph 6/00

Carnival Triumph 11/17/01

Enchantment of the Seas 10/27/02

Carnival Victory 5/25/03

Carnival Glory 5/22/04

Archived