Shore excursions - price, and booking

I thought if I called carnival and asked them for the price list for excursions, they would give them to me, but they said they don't have dollar figures, just those dollar signs things, no exact prices. Any advice?

Also, when can I book excursions. carnival said not until on board. True?

True. There's a 'shore excursion' desk right next to the purser's desk. You might want to check them out early in the cruise, because I think some of the more popular ones fill up pretty fast.

You can also book tours through the individual websites. I can't help you there, but I'm sure some who have done this can answer.

I have not booked an excursion since my first couple of cruises. I've found I can save lots of $$ by going off on my own. I do a lot of homework, go to the Ports-of-Call board, and decide what I want to do - before I leave home. When we reach a port, I grab a cab and go wherever I have planned.

"Laissez les bon temps rouler!"

Festivale 1987

Carnivale 1988

Mardi Gras 1989

Pacific Princess 1990

Norway 1994

Holiday 2001

Holiday 2002

Holiday 2003

Sensation 2004

If you know specific tours call carnival and ask for those prices. I have done this several times with no problems. They won't however send out a complete price list to you. If the agent refuses you a price hang up and call back.

Good Luck!!

Archived