Trieste, Italy CAR RENTAL at cruise port

I’ll be on Norwegian Pearl ending in Trieste, Italy in June. I need to rent a car for 5 days. It looks like both Avis and Budget as well as Hertz are “close” to where the ship docks, but I can’t tell for certain as I’m not sure where the Pearl docks there.

Has anybody rented a car to pick up or return in Trieste at/near the cruise port (not the airport)? Any advice is appreciated! I’m looking for convenience of getting myself and my copious amount of luggage from the ship to a car rental as easily as possible. I’ll be returning the car to Venice Airport 5 days later. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Did you find it?  Did it work?  I am planning exactly the same thing.  Renting an Avis car after a cruise on NCL Pearl in August.  Everything is reserved but I am looking where I need to go.  Have you found it?

Thanks

Ben

I was able to walk from the cruise port to the car rental area. I think it was about 10 to 15 minute walk. All of the car rental places are next to one another.

PLEASE if you drive into Slovenia understand the process of paying for tolls before you go.