Review: Celebrity Flora 04/07/24 - 04/14/24 : Galapagos Outer Loop

Fedic

Although we are not on the Flora till next June, I hopefully can answer your hiking poles . I heard the Flora uses wooden hiking sticks & not poles. I would never use them. I have extensive hiking experience & routinely use two hiking poles with a good rubber tip for each pole. A stick does not have that. Hiking poles need to be used as follows: short uphill,  long downhill. You can only get that with poles that can be accustomed to your height- all good hiking poles do that. We are heading off to GSMNP  in 2 weeks as we hike there around 4 weeks year. We were also in the black hills of SD in june. I bring all my own hiking poles. I would never use someone else's. Please note these must be checked & cannot be carried onboard.  Please also look at wanderlust clothes. I used the pants for our celebrity July cruise to Bermuda & was very happy with them. They didn't have the tops then or I would have bought them bur plan to get them for our Galapagos trip next June. Hope this helps!

• Like 1

Go to REI as they have lots of hiking poles. Personally I like the nonplastic poles as I find the plastic grips get sweaty when hiking in hot summer weather. I have the plastic ones though & still use them. I bought them going to machu pichu when the airlines lost all our bags for 5 days. I was skeptical these ones would work as they were so much cheaper but now years later I still have them & prefer them. Get extra rubber tips though. I'll be using those poles again in less than 2 weeks again in the great smokey mts natl park. 

I meant the nonplastic hand grips & not the poles themselves. Titanium is lighter but more expensive  & personally I never used those. Mine don't weigh much. Maybe look up some hiking pole reviews???