New Zealand Nov 2024, Orion. 1st cruise

I've never cruised before, but my in laws are treating us to a cruise around New Zealand.  I'm looking forward to it, and I use to work for NOAA on the North Atlantic ship board with the commercial fishing fleet.

I'm not worried about being on the water, rather about the niceties/comforts with a cruise.  When I read recommendations on what to bring cruising, I see things like handing door organizers and magnetic hooks.  Folks say they use these for drying clothing, organizing rooms, etc.  Will I need these onboard the Orion?  I understand these are suppose to be a step up from giant cruise lines, but not quite sure what that means. I'm use to hot bunking using coffin bunks on boats where we worked till we dropped and no one had anything more than the bare basics on the boat. 

Thank you!

I am going on the Orion in December around New Zealand. I have never been on a Lindblad cruise before.  But I have been on many other Expedition as well as Ultra-Luxury cruises. I have never needed door organizers and door hooks. All the Expedition cruises I have been on have had a  Mud Room, where you store your boots and Expedition Jackets. The Mud Room is heated more than the cabins so that your wet clothes from the zodiac rides dry quicker. I would expect the same for the Orion.

I have been on the Orion. Lovely ship. There are hooks on the wall for jackets. You will have all you need to a high standard. No bunks. No roughing it at all. You will have all you need. Way better than any large cruise ship. You will have a great time.