Crown out of New York

Dawn Berry

Hello all!

I am looking into one of the New York sailings in October on the Crown. In trying to book my flight, I have realized that I have no idea which airport I should fly into! Can anyone help me out? Also, do you have any idea about how much cab fare is from this airport to the port?

Thank you!
Dawn

I am pretty sure this leaves from the Manhattan piers. LaGuardia is the closest airport- Next is Newark/Liberty Airport and Finally the farthest is JFK. Cabs from LGA are about $25.00 from Newark about $55.00 and from Kennedy about $50(this includes tip and toll). If you are leaving from the Red Hook Pier Kennedy and LGA are the Closest with Newark being the farthest. It should still be about the same although to Redhook it may be $30.00 from LGA.

[url]www.nypst.com[/url] has the same info

LGA is a little closer then JFK but I am flying into JFK because the fare I got was a lot less money and from what I understand the cab fare is about the same. Around $25.00 $30.00 I believe.

Dawn Berry,

We are on the Sept 12 sailing on the Crown which will be sailing from Red Hook in Brooklyn. I believe this facility will be opening in May and will be utilized by Carnival, Princess, + the QM2.

[quote name='crewsn']Dawn Berry,

We are on the Sept 12 sailing on the Crown which will be sailing from Red Hook in Brooklyn. I believe this facility will be opening in May and will be utilized by Carnival, Princess, + the QM2.[/quote]

It opens April 15 with the QM2....I posted that it is getting there but not done yet.

Use either JFK or LGA
Approx road miles to pier 12:
JFK - 25
LGA - 15
If you are hiring - Cabs to and from Newark (NJ) are more expensive than LaGuardia, because you are crossing state lines and such. You will have to pay tolls, fare, tips, and extra milage charge.

[quote name='Sandytoes']Use either JFK or LGA
Approx road miles to pier 12:
JFK - 25
LGA - 15
If you are hiring - Cabs to and from Newark (NJ) are more expensive than LaGuardia, because you are crossing state lines and such. You will have to pay tolls, fare, tips, and extra milage charge.[/quote]

I agree. You can use either airport. The determing factor should the cost of the ticket. Use whichever one is cheaper. If they are the same use LGA, the taxi fare is a little lower.

I'm a New Yorker and have to tell you, if there is a weather problem (rain, fog, snow, anything) of all the NY area airports LaGuardia is the first to close and the last to reopen. On the plus side, it's the easiest NY airport to navigate, and is less crowded since very few International flights go in and out.

If you use LaGuardia, come in a day early!!!

Archived