Impact of death of spouse before upcoming cruise

On 5/9/2024 at 5:18 PM, jimb cruisin said:

Have cruise upcoming in June, 2024 on Equinox, spouse recently passed. Have decided to go solo since other family will be on the sailing. If I report to Celebrity will they reprice the booking at solo rate on  a fully booked cruise. Appears solo rate could be as much as our double rate or higher. Also, have the Cruise Care insurance, will they payout the fare associated with my spouse if Celebrity reprices me to solo rate?

First, my condolences for your loss.  

I did some research and navigated to the insurance and seeing you are from NJ pulled up that information as some states have more protection than others.  It appears it is covered for a total refund i.e. cancel and walk away but I couldn't find an exact answer to your request.  They did show, "Where To Report Cruise Vacation Cancellations Contact your travel agent, Celebrity or the Program Administrator IMMEDIATELY to notify them of your cancellation and to avoid any non-covered expenses due to late reporting. The Administrator will then forward the appropriate form(s) that must be completed by you and the attending physician (if applicable). The Administrator can be contacted at 1-800-797-4516 or 1-516-342-7262."

Rather than taking from fellow cruisers who may or may not be familiar with the plan I would telephone.

• Thanks 1