Food same on all priness Grand Class ships?

cruzrmomma

We went on the Sapphire and now are thinking about the Caribbean Princess. Is the food basically the same? The Sapphire was a great cruise, but food was mediocre, but not bad though, especially at the buffet. Just wondered what to expect. thx

I have been on both those ships in the last 6 months. Apparently I enjoyed the food on Sapphire more than you. But taste in food is highly variable and personal.

The menus on both ships are neary identical. The Caribbean does have one night of Caribbean style food. It also has the Café Caribe which is liked by many for its seafood buffets. Sabatini's and Sterling are available on both - though on Caribbean Sterling has its own dedicated space which in my book makes it much better.

So overall, you may find a little more variety on the Caribbean, but generally things will be the same.

The same food items tend to vary from ship to ship and even cruise to cruise. It depends on a few different factors. There is no guarantee that it will be better, the same or even worse.

When were you on the Sapphire? That ship did seem to be receiving more complaints last fall than others ships in the fleet. With that in mind I'm guessing you'll probably like the food on the Caribbean. I'm going on the Sapphire the end of April so I'll have to report back on that. I was on the Star in Feburary and for the most part everything was pretty good however there were a few little issues I noted. The one item that I actually could not eat were the mashed potatoes on the buffet the first few times they had them. I couldn't believe the amount of salt in them, towards the end of the week it wasn't as bad but it was still more salt than I've ever put in potatoes or ever had in potatoes at a restaurant. I've never expected much from the buffet but that just surprised me. On the other hand, they had fish and chips on the buffet mid-week. I don't care for french fries so I didn't take those however the fish was really good for fried cod, definitely made up for the potatoes! Most items at dinner were pretty good, hot food was served hot, steaks were cooked the way you ordered them.

Archived