Skipper's Club.........what is it?

ozres

We're leaving on the Holiday on 6/24 and have a suite booked for our family of four. Does this mean we're officially members of the Skipper's Club for checkin? OR does it really mean nothing?

Thanks,

Marla

The Skipper's Club, as far as I can tell, gives you priority boarding only. Basically, you get to go in right after any wedding parties and special assistance boarding passengers. You will then be followed by the early check-in and regular check-in groups.

At least, that's how it was when boarding the Pride. I am unaware of any other benefits for the Skipper's Club. If anyone knows of any, please share! icon_smile.gif

Mark ºoº

5/9/04 Pride Cruise - 1st Cruise!

Click here for links to The Review

Visit our Webshots Gallery

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The Skipper's Club, as far as I can tell, gives you priority boarding only. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not in my experience, at least in Miami. Priority check-in, yes. Priority boarding, not so much.

In our experience with the Skippers Club, we were shown to an office where we sat and a nice lady helped us check in. Afterwards we had to wait in line to go through security, get our sign and sail cards, have our pictures taken and to actually board the ship.

A little hint to those of you using the Skippers club in Miami, the office is BEFORE you pass through security. We didn't find that out until after we were screened. Trying to get back out was like a salmon swimming up stream.

No longer a Newbie

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;5;8;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

since my first cruise with The TRIUMPH'S CRUISIN KRAZY CARIBE CREW

We had priority check in and boardin on the Inspiration. We were actually the second group on the boat behind a crabby lady who thought she needed to be first on and cried out the whole time about being part of the "Skippers club". I think they weren't ready to let people on yet though, since our cabin wasn't cleaned yet and fully stocked.

Sensation 12/16/2000(w.carib)

Victory Easter 2001 (w.carib)

Inspiration Jan 2003(w.carib)

Fascination 2/23/04 (w.carib)

Paradise 9/5/04 (panama canal) 9/5 Panama Adventure

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;9;5;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

We were IN the Skipper's Club and had NO clue what it meant. But after arriving at the pier, we just mentioned it and were taken to the a small office, docs checked, and got to board ahead of hordes of people!

NOT much out there about Skipper's Club, so DO take advantage of it!

Archived