Luggage storage facility in Galataport Cruise terminal in Istanbul

Will be disembarking at 0800 but flight is not until 1600ish. I think it will be too early to head to the airport despite hearing it will take a while if traffic is bad. So we are thinking of doing something else and coming back for the luggage but we couldn't figure out where we could keep our luggage.

Does anyone know or has tried to go down this path before? or has anyone gone straight to the hotel or the airport after disembarkation?

Thanks.

Getting to the airport used to be problematic - a mix of tram then walk then train.

But there is now a direct train from Sirkeci station, a couple of miles from Galataport and a ten-minute walk from the waterfront & local ferries at Eminonu, or five-minute walk to the tram stop (Sultanahmet is just 2 stops away). There's a left-luggage facility at the station. 

So a taxi from Galataport to Sirkeci station, drop your bags, do your thing, return to the station for a train to the airport (or a pre-booked car service if you prefer).

The train service is since my last visit - research it, don't take my word for it)

JB 🙂