Prima class and it's vibe beach club

I'm curious to hear if anyone who has sailed both a breakaway/breakaway plus ship and a prima class ship has an opinion on the Vibe. We have sailed 3 breakaway/plus sized ships and we wouldn't ever cruise this class without the Vibe pass. There just isn't enough public deck/lounge space on the breakaway class of ship, IMO. We are considering booking the Aqua next June so I'm wondering if you have felt that this Prima class would require the Vibe also. I know that the Aqua is a "plus" and I know we don't have all the info on this ship yet, but we are trying to decide between the Aqua and a carnival Excel class ship (which has the included adults only area). We don't care about it being kid-free, I  just like the idea of having somewhere to hang out on a sea day NOT at the main pool. 

That was a bit of a ramble, but the question is...do you need the Vibe on prima class like you do on breakaway class?

Posted (edited)

I have done the Vibe on the Prima and on several Breakaway class ships.

In all of these warm weather sailings, the main pool was jammed, as were the hot tubs, especially with kids during school breaks/summer.  Hence, in my own opinion, I wouldn't sail without the Vibe.  The one on the Prima was my favorite due to the flanking hot tubs, open plan, and big, circular bar.

The Soliel bar on the Prima, on deck 8, aft, was a fun place to hang out.  No pool or hot tub, obviously, but it was an outside bar with some adjacent seating and often-times a more lively experience (for partiers) than the Vibe (which, IMO, is not a "Beach Club").

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by JGmf
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, JGmf said:

I have done the Vibe on the Prima and on several Breakaway class ships.

In all of these warm weather sailings, the main pool was jammed, as were the hot tubs, especially with kids during school breaks/summer.  Hence, in my own opinion, I wouldn't sail without the Vibe.  The one on the Prima was my favorite due to the flanking hot tubs, open plan, and big, circular bar.

Note that the "Beach Club" branding they use is a misnomer. There's no music piped-into the Vibe, and depending on who bought passes and showed up, it can be a library-like atmosphere sometimes (which kinda sucks, but others love it) or more boisterous depending on who is at the bar (which, to me, equals more fun).  Not sure what you are looking for, but be prepared for both.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thank you! Yes, I agree, I would never sail any of the breakaway class ships without the vibe. Money well spent! 

This time it's a hard choice for us because our adult children are joining us (paying their own way), so we have to consider pricing on this trip. Otherwise, it would be a "given" to buy the Vibe when booking. 

What about the Ocean Boulevard on Deck 8? Those infinity pools never seemed to have more than a couple people in them. On the couple nice days we had, I did notice the loungers were fairly full. I also observed drink servers scurrying around, ensuring all had their hydration. 

It seemed like a really nice place to stop and enjoy a sea day. 

Granted, I was on a Transatlantic, so we were 1) underway most of the time and 2) traveling the Atlantic in November. It was a wee bit cooler. Perhaps those pools do fill up, along with the loungers on nice days. 

If you want a guaranteed lounger and bar, definitely go for Vibe. I think Ocean Boulevard would be a nice spot to hang if you don't pay for Vibe. 

Haven't been on Aqua but have been on Prima. On our cruise out of Galveston this past December it was sold out and then some.  Overly energetic kids running everywhere.   So thankful we had the vibe passes to escape this madness at least during the day.  Money well spent IMO.  

• Like 1