Atlantis in Nassau//St Maarten Divi Little Bay Beach Excursion-Glory-Eastern

luvdale

Is it better to do the ships tour of Atlantis or get a taxi and do it on your own? Can you get to the Digs without the tour? If you did the tour of Atlantis what did you think of it? Has anyone done the beach excursion booked on the ship on St Maarten? What did you think? Would you do it again? Thank you

I can only speak to taking a cab to Atlantis. It is an amazing place. I don't think you would need a tour, but if you are a first time cruiser, I would take the tour. The aquarium is beautiful. There are some shops in there and I think I saw something where you can do the digs. Again, if you are a first time cruiser I would take the cruise. If not, take the cab over there. It was like $5.00 a person or some low amount.

My husband and son also stayed there recently for a poker tournament and loved it. It is an incredible place.

You can get to the digs without the tour as well as the aquarium and some of the other parts of the resort. Keep in mind whether you are on a tour or decide to do it on your own there are parts of Atlantis you cannot get to unless you are staying at the resort. They have check points that you have to show your room key to get past.

If I were you I would not take the tour and do it on my own. The cab fair is really cheap and when you walk into any entrance of Atlantis you can pick up a map of the resort that will show you where everything is at. That way too you can do it at your own pace and if you see everything you want to see you will probably have time to go back toward where the ship docks and have time to do some shopping at the straw market or across the street from Atlantis is a new shopping area that opened a year and a half ago or so that has some fun and unique shops.

We stayed at Atlantis in the fall for Labor Day weekend and it was nice but I didn't think it was worth all of the hype.

We took a cab to Atlantis and saw what we could see for free there. And we saw quite a lot! Didn't think the tour was worth the $ ($29 pp), and since we only had about 2 1/2 hours there, we just walked everywhere we could for free. It is a beautiful place. I have pics in our album, link to it is in my signature.

We rented a jeep in St. Maarten and toured on our own. Loved it. Orient Beach is where we went for a while and it was gorgeous, as long as you are not offended by nudity. Have fun!

I was at Atlantis on the Valor and we did it on our own. Be aware that if you don't pay to do the dig and get your wrist band you will not be allowed to walk the grounds and tour the dig. We saw many people being turned away because they did not have the wrist band. The cost was $29 but well worth it, it took us several hours to see everything. If you would like to see some pictures email me at ldavison@twcny.rr.com

Archived