Question Regarding Ocean View Suites

Good Morning, we are long-time Princess cruisers considering booking our first Seabourn voyage.  We are looking at a May of 2025 24-day Med cruise on the Sojourn.  Our questions is re: Ocean View Suites and potential noise from the lower deck.  Is this a concern/issue?  What other things should we consider between booking a Veranda Suite or an Ocean View Suite besides the lack of a balcony?

Thank you for your Help!

1 minute ago, Capri73 said:

I have never heard noise from the upper or lower suites.I have had issues with slamming doors from the suites next door.

On the Sojourn, I noticed that there are no suites below the Ocean View Suites.  I assume that this lower deck houses crew or engineering equipment which has me concerned??? 

The dreaded door slammers are one of our biggest complaints while cruising, especially at 5 in the morning! 

26 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

What other things should we consider between booking a Veranda Suite or an Ocean View Suite besides the lack of a balcony?

Thank you for your Help!

Fresh air?!

• Haha 1

The suites are all the same except for the balcony, service is also the same . It depends if you think you will use it.I do but my husband does not.Did you always have a balcony on Princess?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Capri73 said:

The suites are all the same except for the balcony, service is also the same . It depends if you think you will use it.I do but my husband does not.Did you always have a balcony on Princess?

On Princess, we are always in a mini-suite (with balcony) and make sure we always have staterooms above us and below us.  We are leaning towards a Veranda Suite but I was curious as to potential noise coming from under the Ocean View Suites.

Closer to the bow will have anchor noise if arriving at a tender port.  You could try to book a suite further away from the bow.  There is plenty of open space on the ship.  We have had ocian view rooms on other luxury lines and have enjoyed the cruise just fine.

• Thanks 1

We have often stayed in ocean view suites on Seabourn. Never had an issue with noise from below. As another poster suggested, don’t book one near the front of the ship as the anchor noise is louder there. We find that we don’t spend much time in our room as the ships have such lovely outdoor spaces where you can always find a quiet corner to read (or have a nap!)

• Thanks 1