Embarkation / debarkation days: hotel and dining service charges?

vieux_carre

If one leaves the auto-gratuity in place, will you be charged the hotel and dining service charge for both embarkation and disembarkation days?

On the Cunard website, they use the terminology "days" when discussing hotel and dining service charges but market their cruises based on how many "nights".  For example, on a 7 night sailing you are actually on board on 8 days.  On such a sailing, is one charged the hotel and dining service charge 6 times (for only the "full days" aboard - not embarkation or debarkation), 7 times (the advertised number of "nights"), or 8 times (the actual count of days on which you are on board the ship, though the first and last days are only partial)?

I suspect that this question has been addressed, but I was unable to find the answer as it applies to Cunard.  Apologies if I overlooked an obvious post.

It is confusing when day and night gets mixed up. But in essence it's just nights. So if you are on a 7 night sailing the daily charge is times 7.