Internet Costs?

I Luv Crusin

I thought I had seen a link to the website of the provider for internet on HAL ships (and others) but I can't find it now. We are taking my DH's laptop with us and wonder what the costs are for internet on the ship (Veendam).

Thanks!

There are packages $55 for 100 minutes sign up day one and get 20 extra minutes. There is a bigger package of 250 minutes for 100 bucks.

I took my laptop on maasdam feb 20 and veendam march 18. I paid by the minute which was 75 cents plus a one time charge of 3 95. I wrote my letters in word then cut and paste them into a group mailing.

I averaged 3 minutes per day. Andrea on Maasdam was very helpful she knew the outgoing mail code for the ship which made replies a piece of cake, whereas the veendam guy had no clue what I was talking about and I wasted 9 minutes on him.

So go ready to post quickly to a group.

There are packages $55 for 100 minutes sign up day one and get 20 extra minutes. There is a bigger package of 250 minutes for 100 bucks.

I took my laptop on maasdam feb 20 and veendam march 18. I paid by the minute which was 75 cents plus a one time charge of 3 95. I wrote my letters in word then cut and paste them into a group mailing.

I averaged 3 minutes per day. Andrea on Maasdam was very helpful she knew the outgoing mail code for the ship which made replies a piece of cake, whereas the veendam guy had no clue what I was talking about and I wasted 9 minutes on him.

So go ready to post quickly to a group.

Thanks, I was thinking it was 55.00 but wasn't sure. So we will sign up the first day and get an extra 20 minutes. My DH informs me that since we have webmail that I can't just download email and read it off-line. I don't plan on being on-line very much, just enough to keep in touch with the kids at home!

I thought I had seen a link to the website of the provider for internet on HAL ships (and others) but I can't find it now. We are taking my DH's laptop with us and wonder what the costs are for internet on the ship (Veendam).

Thanks!

Here it is: http://www.mtnsat.com/digitalseas/hal.htm

I always stash usefull links :D

Archived