Cabanas and Butlers at HMC?

Rumncoke

Hi,
It's been several years since we went to Half Moon Cay (which was absolutely gorgeous, I might add) and here I'm reading about reserving cabanas and butlers.

When we went, the "cabanas" were royal blue canvas things like you'd see at some Miami Beach hotels. Have they changed? People here are talking about the different colored ones and such.

Can you tell me more about these? The costs, how one reserves, and how each are different other than color?

Maybe someone can post a picture?

Sounds very interesting. Thanks!:confused:

Hi, Just returned from our lovely pink cabana. We loved it. With that being said, we didn't opt for the personal butler and didn't miss that. There are 3-4 cabana boys that run between them asking if you need anything.

The cabanas are now built of wood and have AC, an outdoor shower for rinsing off a table and chairs and two loungers. They come with plenty of floating mats and snorkle equipment based on your foot size. (they'll ask you the size before you go)

They came with sodas (your choice of flavors) and veggies, fruit and several dips. The tortilla chips were stale but that's ok.

The atmosphere is magical. I loved that place and could have just stayed there the whole cruise. I don't know if the personal butler is worth it. For our family,just renting the caban was nice. I think any caban from pink down the the last one, (taupe) are more private. The cabana's closer to the pier have lots of people congestion in front of them, not exactly private.

But then again you are spending lots of time in the water but it's nice to have a place to park and get out of the sun and the shower was worth it's weight in gold.

Wow, sounds wonderful! I'll never forget the sand there--so soft.

How much does it cost to rent one? From whom do you book them, and do they get booked up quickly?

What does a butler do that a cabana boy doesn't, besides maybe bring you lunch?

Hi, we had the butler package, and loved it. One great advantage is that if there is a long line for the tenders, your butler butts you right to the front of the line so that you are on the next available tender. This, of course, does not make other pax too happy, but they are also welcome to purchase the butler package. :)

A few days before the cabana rental, we were given a menu and told to indicate how many we wanted of each item for lunch. We ate lunch from the Pinnancle, not the BBQ, and we were served our lunch course-by-course. Anything we wanted, we received for the asking. We were also asked how we wanted our fridge stocked. It was great, and we will surely do it again. The butler package includes all alcohol; the regular cabana package does not.

You'll find the prices for the cabanas online when booking your shorex. I believe the cabana is $219 (up to 4 persons) and the butler package is an additional $279 (up to 4 persons).

Archived