Letter from Ex

egallag

Good morning,

I know that this has been discussed on this board before and even a sample letter has been posted. But, search feature not working.

I am traveling with my daughters on the Legend 7/4/04, and my husband. Both my children have passports, but I understand that I will also need a notarized letter from my ex (girls dad) stating it is ok to travel.

Can anyone tell me, who do I address the letter to, does it just need to read...I __________ give permission for _____________ and _______________to travel with ________________. ??

Thank you.

Beth

Here is a link to a sample letter that might help you out. It's for Canadians. I'll look around for something more specific to the US.

http://www.voyage.gc.ca/main/before/consent_letter-en.asp

Here's another one:

http://isss.binghamton.edu/travel/parent&child.html

bookworm2.gif

Navigator OTS 10/04

Legend 04/04

Grand Princess 09/03

Dawn Princess 01/03

Enchantment OTS 10/02

Destiny 01/02

Sensation 08/99

[This message was edited by hstrybuf on 06-16-04 at 11:50 AM.]

I have never needed a letter from the dad to take my kids on our cruises. There are a lot of kids that dont have dads available to them and these people cant get letters.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

We didn't use any official form when we took my underage stepsons with us. We simply had his ex-wife write up a letter (also had her get it notarized) stating when and for how long we'd have the kids and that we'd be taking them to such and such a place. We also had her write that she gave permission for us to seek medical attention in the event of an emergency. Nobody even asked to see it, but we had it just in case.

caribbeanqueen3@comcast.net

my sister goes through this every vacation that we go on. It is mostly for people who have joint custody. Just write up a letter saying when and where you are going and have it notorized and signed by the other parent.

egallag....I think what you're referring to is you need his permission to take them out of the country or even the state. I know with my ex and by the law of our state back then I legally had to have something showing permission for me to remove them from the state. I'm sure the same goes for out of the country,,,,maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree but thought I'd throw that in....

Rocky

Not enough time for crusin'!

Days Until Paradise on the Glory

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2005;4;2;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Disney Magic 8/1998

Destiny 6/1999

Sensation 2/2000

Grand Princess 7/2000

Victory 2/2001

Pride 2/2002

Imagination 2/2003

Glory 4/2005

E-Mail - Rockee40@adelphia.net

Carnival told me I don't need a letter from my ex., that they don't require them. I used to work check-in for an airline and am well aware of the various restrictions of kids flying with 1 parent to different countries. I've seen people not be able to travel because of this issue. Intestingly enough, it's usually the other countries, like Mexico, who require the letter, not the U.S. placing that restriction. In mamy cases, though, having passports meant no notarized letter needed. If Carnival has told you to get one, all you need to do is handwrite or type a note saying something like this:

"Jane Doe has my permission to travel out of the country with our children Pie Doe and Play Doe on a Carnival cruise from July 15-22, 2004."

John Doe, father

signature

Of course you need it notarized, because without that, it's worthless for the purposes of travel documentation.

Gael

Norway 1994

Norway 7/00

Grand Princess 7/01

NCL Sun 7/02

Zuiderdam 9/03

Elation 11/04

Archived