Accessible Gdansk

My wife and I both require the use of Mobility Scooters.  Is the city center of Gdansk accessible?  If it is, then the next issue is getting there from Gydnia.  We cannot do the ships bus tours unless they have a wheelchair ramp, because my wife can't manage steps over a few inches because she can't bend her left leg due to a stroke.  She can manage getting into a small SUV, but not sure if we can find a taxi that is an SUV.

Looks like the trains are accessible.  So, I am thinking small SUV taxi to the train station, train to and from Gdansk, return to ship by same taxi.  Does that make sense?  We are in port from 8:00 until 6:00.

Posted (edited)

Since no one has answered this yet:

Is it possible to contact taxi/tour companies online from tripadvisor, and ask them directly if you can book a SUV and ask about accessibility in the city center?  

Can you contact the special needs department of your cruise line to ask them to confirm if the shorex has a wheelchair ramp?  (note:  I don't know who you are sailing but asking questions of shorex personnel in the past on the two shore excursions my family had to take didn't yield any useful answers so I'd recommend going through special needs)

Try posting on tripadvisor if the city center of Gdansk is accessible.  Good luck!

Edited by kitkat343