Laundry and hair dryer questions

I'd like to pack lighter than my last time on PG, so a few odd questions for those in the know:

1. How are the hair dryers? I brought a Dyson Airwrap last time (eye roll) and definitely want to leave that at home. Do the hair dryers work well and offer sufficient heat? 

2. Is the laundry too harsh for swimwear (perhaps more a question regarding women's swimwear)? It was easy enough to handwash daily, but welcome the notion to be completely lazy...

3. On the subject of laundry, returning guests get complimentary laundry for up to 5 items per day. Does a pair of socks count as one item? Can you 'bank up' the number of items? In other words, if I only send out 3 items one day then can I have 7 items the following day?

...Told you these are odd questions. 😉 

• 2 months later...

Just thought I'd close the loop on this thread, in case anyone is looking for this info while researching for their cruise.

Jinxy kindly answered my first two questions on another thread.

1.  Hair dryers work well. Glad I didn't bring one!

2.  Laundry was not harsh at all for swimwear! In fact, the laundry may have been one of our favorite services, lol. We sent literally everything worn the day prior by 9am and it was back in our room in the early afternoon, all perfectly packaged or hanging! The only disappointment (completely understandable) was that the last time they would accept laundry was on Wednesday evening for a Saturday morning disembarkation.

3.  Complimentary laundry for return guests is now limited to 2 items per person per day. I even confirmed this with our butler because I had assumed it was still 5 items pppd; he confirmed that it is 2 items pppd. I don't think you can 'bank up' items like I had asked above -- though I never asked this question onboard.

• Thanks 1