750 passengers - Emporium was chaos this morning

On 7/2/2024 at 1:30 PM, boooomer said:

Thank You! 

From the YT videos, we’ve been considering EJ for a while. However this thread about overcrowding in the dining rooms & Emporium got my attention. But it seems to have sorted itself out as maybe an isolated incident.

So we decided to try EJ. Our timing is flexible so it was a matter of comparing pricing from one departure dat to another. We booked the 14 day Dec 6 ‘24 Miami-Bridgetown- Miami B2B. I picked that cruise because, for some reason, EJ has the Penthouses priced at 18800 about 4 to 6k below their other comparable 14 day Carribean cruises. EJ is also giving 600 OBC. And 10% deposit.

The strange thing is all their OT cabins for that same cruise are higher than their other 14 day Carribean cruises. (Maybe partially due to their cheaper OT1s being sold out)

At 18800 and the OBCs it’s cheaper than  HAL’s midship Neptune Suite (about the same size but better location). We like HAL but i don’t think it’s in the same league as EJ or MSC YC for that matter.

BTW, in your comparison, the MSC World suite looks to be closer to EJ’s Residences which are way more expensive than the any of the EJ Penthouses.

I also pick the cabin and then pick a TA to book. That usually yields another 8 to 10% discount.

Bernie 

Agreed.  We'll wat for EJ for awhile.  Not a fan of departure port one-ways with a fly home pre or post to add on (not just dollars but the hassle).  Like the idea of smaller port itineraries for EJ (ship size versus sea ships) though.  MSC sea ships, last in line at the major ports that had existing agreements and contracts with the other major lines, are stuck in the rut of the classic Eastern and Western itineraries of 'same ole' ports (that's why we go for the ship).

BTW, our end of November beginning of December 2025 B2B World, not even net of TA OBC, is now significantly less than mock booking yesterday and just under $4K PP per week for the Royal stateroom.  Not really too much more than a regular YC Deluxe.