Anyone with experience with S. Moon Panorama Suite?

Buck King

We have tentatively booked a 19 day Hawaiian cruise on the Silver Moon with 12 at-sea days. We did a similar cruise with Viking and found that we hardly used the included veranda. We therefore decided to go with a Panorama Suite based on price and location. Being mid-ship, among “high end” suites on deck 9, seemed preferable to paying an extra $1,500 for a veranda Classic Suite on deck 5 or 6 in the bow .

Our only concern is that we will be directly below the swimming pool area and possibly foot traffic noise. Has anyone stayed in a Panorama Suite on Silver Moon (or one of the adjoining suites) and if so, is our concern justified? Are there other concerns with this Suite We should consider before locking in? We should note that our tentative reservation is listed as Guaranteed, so there is the possibility of an upgrade. 

On Moon the panorama suites have connecting doors, and they connect to larger rooms adjacent. Consequently they are attractive to families. This means there is a decent chance of being upgraded (I was).

On an upcoming cruise- I decided the extra cost of a veranda cabin was worth it- at least at the price I got (a smokin' deal, during the sale earlier this year).