Guarantee Cabin Question

Syd58

Posted (edited)

We are booked in a Superior Veranda cabin on the Dawn but are unable to reserve a specific cabin. I can upgrade to a Deluxe Veranda (still unable to reserve a specific cabin) for a $1,000. The Deluxe Veranda cabins are more toward the center of the ship.  If we stick with a Superior Veranda cabin, my concern is we may be placed in a very forward cabin, which could be rougher.  Do you think it's worth the extra $ to upgrade to be insured a center cabin.  Thanks.

Edited by Syd58

• Syd58 changed the title to Guarantee Cabin Question

Consider where you're sailing (Adriatic or Drake Passage?) and how you do on the sea.  Also, get the deck plan and assume you'll be in the least desirable cabin in that class.  Then, ask yourself if that still sounds ok.  If so, don't worry about it.  

1 hour ago, Winemaker_1 said:

Consider where you're sailing (Adriatic or Drake Passage?) and how you do on the sea.  Also, get the deck plan and assume you'll be in the least desirable cabin in that class.  Then, ask yourself if that still sounds ok.  If so, don't worry about it.  

Silver Dawn is not an expedition ship so it wouldn't be sailing the Drake passage.

It wouldn't be worth it to ME because I am not troubled by a moderate amount of ship motion. The Drake did get my attention, however.

But if it is a nearly sold out cruise it’s possible to find out on embarkation day. My sister and her husband joined us for our recent Muse Cruise. The first notification they got from Ss was the day they boarded.

Fortunately for them we were able to find out their assigned suite 10 days earlier from the hotel department.