Iona Norway 29th June help

5 minutes ago, LittleTinker said:

I have never stayed nor heard of a single hotel anywhere....never mind Europe....searching my bag or asking for alcohol to be handed in until checkout.

Sure....they don't want people going to the restaurant with their own alcohol which is understandable.....but never have they confiscated bottles on the door.

I don't know what food poisoning has got to do with alcohol being taken from us.

I made the point because many hotels state quite clearly that you are not allowed anything (including a bottle of drink, even soft ones) for consumption on their premises (it's quite topical, if you don't believe me ask Mr Google).  I did not say they search you, that is what you have decided I was saying.  No doubt many do take a bottle with them, most likely from duty free, but I am merely pointing out that it is becoming more widespread to state nothing other than food and drink provided or purchased on site.

There's also the fact a hotel doesnt scan you on check in and relies on trust whereas the cruise line does the opposite.  As for wanting to sell drinks packages that's really a very old argument that bears little relevance to not allowing anything other than a litre of wine or a bottle of champagne to be brought onboard.  

• Like 2