Booking Speciality dining for embarkation night

ascot2012

Hi All, we are sailing on QE August 1st from Vancouver and have been looking at booking the Verandah for the 1st night, at $58.50 pp it's go up in price from last year on QV!!

Does anybody have recent experience if it's discounted on the 1st night if booked on board?

thanks

That can happen, but I bet it is down to an unknowable factor - whether the number of pre-books is high enough or not. They do offer 1st nights at a lower rate, essentially the same as the pre-book rate, but that onboard booking comes out of OBC, which you presumably have.  But it's not consistent, I've been on Cunard ships where this was not happened, presumably because they didn't need need to encourage bookings on that night. If they do it, they will have a pop-up trestle table in one of the main areas of decks 2 or 3, it may be mentioned in the Daily Programme, but sometimes it's not. Sometimes it's the first 2 nights, incidentally.

• Like 2

Given the recent reports of shonky service in Britannia on the first night (on multiple ships), I'd have thought it may be a slightly more popular option than it may previously have been. 

• Like 2

I would book in advance. On my last trip on QV I tried to book the Veranda onboard a few times to no avail. A few friends we made who were diamond status were able to make a reservation after we were denied one. (It was a little experiment).Our friends reported that there were a lot of empty tables, but the staff were still quite busy.

They did however recommend the food.

• Like 1