Question regarding kids and teens on a Carnival cruise

DeLosLibros

My family will be first time cruisers, and I was wondering if there was any truth to the stories of bands of drunken teenagers running the halls and decks of Carnival cruises. I expect kids and teens; I just hope it's nothing like Spring Break at Daytona! We'll have our two girls with us, who are well-behaved, and I'd like them to feel comfortable around the other kids their age.

My family will be first time cruisers, and I was wondering if there was any truth to the stories of bands of drunken teenagers running the halls and decks of Carnival cruises. I expect kids and teens; I just hope it's nothing like Spring Break at Daytona! We'll have our two girls with us, who are well-behaved, and I'd like them to feel comfortable around the other kids their age.

I have been on nearly 20 Carnival Cruises going as far back as the very early 1990's and have never seen such behavior. I understand that a long time ago when Carnival first came into being there was lots of heavy drinking and hard partying. I would have to say that Carnival seems to be having a very long uphill battle shaking that perception. I have also sailed with RCI, Princess, NCL and Celebrity and for the most part they are all very similar (IMO). Carnival typically takes the Industry awards for their children's programs at Camp Carnival, even beating out Disney at what I would consider to be their forte....

Hope this helps...

Archived