Anyone Concerned?

Our hearts go out to the residents of the islands affected by Beryl. I can't imagine the heartbreak these folks face as they try to dig out and rebuild. I imagine it'll be a few years before travel is an option to the Windwards and Grenadines. Seeing our favorite island Mayreau torn up is devastating. 

I'm sure SD and every other ship will be making changes to their itineraries for next season.

I wonder what we cruisers can do to help. AP News story below:

MAYREAU, St. Vincent and the Grenadines (AP) — Mayreau is one of the smallest inhabited islands of St. Vincent and the Grenadines. It’s so small that it’s barely visible — a dot on the map of the Caribbean. Hurricane Beryl nearly erased it from the map.

We share your justified concern for the thousands of people impacted by Beryl.  We were just in Mayreau this past winter and have cherished memories of several visits there.

We are partial to Jose Andres’s World Central Kitchen (WCK) - we used to live in Washington, DC and frequented his outstanding restaurants there.  We were fortunate to meet him several times before he became so famous.  WCK is doing a lot of work feeding people in Beryl’s path of destruction.