No dive excursions?

scuba_ninja

I've been to Bonaire a number of times on dive vacations, so I'm scratching my head a bit here. There's no dive excursions I can see either from the ship or any of the other "third party" sites everyone knows. Am I just missing something? Or is it too easy to just walk up to a dive operator, and walk off into the sea? That being said, it has in fact been a hot minute since I've been to Bonaire. Any recommendations for a good dive operator near the cruise port? Do places like Captain Don's do "day passes"? 

How far out timewise is your cruise?   Usually dive excursions will post for each ship.  If they don’t, don’t count on being able to walk in to a dive operation, best to make a reservation.  Dive Friends has locations all over the island, and their Yellow Sub location is walking distance from the cruise ships.  Check their website for info and to make a reservation.  VIP diving offers private and group shore diving, and you can call Buddy Dive or one of the other hotel with dive shops to see if you can book on one of their boats.  Since we’re a small island, nothing is too far by cab.  Hope you have a great time. 

all the best,

kate

19 hours ago, Katefromupstate said:

How far out timewise is your cruise?   Usually dive excursions will post for each ship.  If they don’t, don’t count on being able to walk in to a dive operation, best to make a reservation.  Dive Friends has locations all over the island, and their Yellow Sub location is walking distance from the cruise ships.  Check their website for info and to make a reservation.  VIP diving offers private and group shore diving, and you can call Buddy Dive or one of the other hotel with dive shops to see if you can book on one of their boats.  Since we’re a small island, nothing is too far by cab.  Hope you have a great time. 

all the best,

kate

Thanks, 

We're about 6 months out, so that's why I was surprised to not see any dive excursions on the site. They must be all sold out If they did exist. 

I've been diving with a bunch of those operators before. All good folks in my experience, But like I said, it had been a few years so I wasn't sure if any had gone up or down in quality. I figured if I reserve now, it's probably a good shot at making sure I get a spot. I can't imagine I'd have any luck just walking in right off the cruise ship. I was being a little silly. I appreciate the info though.