Sagrada Familia from Port

We will be stopping in Barcelona on our cruise next year. I do not wish to take a tour. I would like to visit the Sagrada, what would be the easiest way to get there from the port? Are taxis’ easily available at the port? Roughly how long to get there, as I would be requesting tickets beforehand? From Sagrada, is it easy to get to Las Ramblas, is it a long walk or easier to get a taxi, and again, would they be easily available from the church? From the bottom of Las Ramblas, is there much to see around the area, and is it far from the port? Neither my husband and sister in law are great walkers, so I am trying to be somewhat mindful of that, me I can walk and walk. We are all in our late 60’s, although I hate for that to stop us. Thanks very much for your help!

9 hours ago, rocker57 said:

We will be stopping in Barcelona on our cruise next year. I do not wish to take a tour. I would like to visit the Sagrada, what would be the easiest way to get there from the port? Are taxis’ easily available at the port? Roughly how long to get there, as I would be requesting tickets beforehand? From Sagrada, is it easy to get to Las Ramblas, is it a long walk or easier to get a taxi, and again, would they be easily available from the church? From the bottom of Las Ramblas, is there much to see around the area, and is it far from the port? Neither my husband and sister in law are great walkers, so I am trying to be somewhat mindful of that, me I can walk and walk. We are all in our late 60’s, although I hate for that to stop us. Thanks very much for your help!

Yes, short/cheap taxi ride from the port to Sagrada. Pre-book your Sagrada tickets though. We booked for opening time of 9am.. were the first people in.. and able to take photos with less people etc. Was great. Then we walked to the Las Ramblas. Not too far - would be less than 3km. From Las Ramblas, you get to the Gothic Quarter which is also well worth a walk. And that takes you back towards the port.. and then a short taxi ride back to the ship when done. 

• Like 1

If some of you are not "great walkers", I would suggest a taxi or the metro from the church to the Ramblas. The area to walk through is nice but not the most interesting one. Metro/Subway is easy and cheapest, taxis are readily available and rather cheap, too.

I'd suggest not to go to the bottom of the Ramblas but to the top, placa catalunya, or diectly to the gothic quarter.

• Like 2

Hi

please, read here about Gothic quarter

On 7/13/2024 at 7:40 PM, rocker57 said:

3 hours ago, alserrod said:

Hi

please, read here about Gothic quarter

Thank you Alserodd for this information, much appreciated.

• Like 1