San Pedro or Long Beach Thanksgiving

Another one for SoCal locals or frequent Port of LA cruise passengers. Sailing on Discovery Princess Nov 30 and arriving San Pedro on Thanjsgiving. Any suggestions for restaurants open that night? So far, all the places I've called will be closed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J13C85 said:

Another one for SoCal locals or frequent Port of LA cruise passengers. Sailing on Discovery Princess Nov 30 and arriving San Pedro on Thanjsgiving. Any suggestions for restaurants open that night? So far, all the places I've called will be closed.

There is a lot unsaid here.

You are arriving from Texas in "LA" on Thanksgiving (Thursday Nov 28, 2024) then sailing on the Discovery Princess on Saturday, Nov 30, 2024.

Will you have a car? Do you have to stay in San Pedro Thursday night? 

I'd consider staying in Downtown Long Beach for the two nights (Nov 28 & Nov 29) because there will be a lot more places open there than San Pedro or perhaps stay someplace else in the LA area on Thursday and Friday. I guess it depends on what other plans you have.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KeepCalmBearOn said:

There is a lot unsaid here.

You are arriving from Texas in "LA" on Thanksgiving (Thursday Nov 28, 2024) then sailing on the Discovery Princess on Saturday, Nov 30, 2024.

Will you have a car? Do you have to stay in San Pedro Thursday night? 

We are at Crown Plaza as we like it better than Hilton LGB. We MAY have a car, we currently have one booked, but may choose Ubers. On Nov 29 we plan to explore Little Italy as that area is close to the Hotel (saw some Italian restaurants we want to try as well as a couple bakeries).

I read that "The Boatyard" at Shorelune Village in Long Beach was open last year on TG so I am thinking that may be an option. Was hoping some of the "locals" could give me some guidance 😀 on other choices.

• Like 1

There is no "Little Italy" in San Pedro. There is a group trying to create a designation, but there is no Little Italy like San Diego has, which is a well defined, designated area.

There are some nice restaurants and delis, but not enough to make a day of it Downtown Long Beach has far more going on with Shoreline Village, the Aquarium of the Pacific, the outlet stores, and then the shopping areas on Pine and side streets.

Downtown Long Beach has far more hotels then San Pedro, variations of Marriott, Westin, Hyatt, Sheraton, Best Western, etc. It also has more restaurants and more to do.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Several of the Long Beach resturants around Shoreline drive will be open. The Boatyard is good as is Parkers Lighthouse. What every you choose you need to make reservation way in advance. No one will have any reservations open for a weeks befor Thanksgiving. We have goine to Gladstones several times as well but if you don't for Thanksgiving we always make reservations at least a month in advance. 

• Thanks 1

That is great info, thank you so much.  We are thinking of doing the City Dinner Cruise in Marina Del Rey for Thanjsgiving dinner. It looks fun.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2024 at 4:14 PM, J13C85 said:

I would suggest calling the Queen Mary ( in Long Beach) and find out the Thanksgiving Menu.  I would find it ironic, spending Thanksgiving on a British Ocean Liner.  After all, the Pilgrams sailed thousands of miles to get away from the British.    I once spent Thanksgiving in Plymouth England.

Posted (edited)
On 7/28/2024 at 6:42 PM, J13C85 said:

That is great info, thank you so much.  We are thinking of doing the City Dinner Cruise in Marina Del Rey for Thanjsgiving dinner. It looks fun.

Looks can be deceiving ha ha.

I cannot imagine a dinner cruise in MDR being any fun at all. It is a tiny marina so I am not sure where they go for 2 1/2 hours.

I like the idea of the Queen Mary for Thanksgiving dinner, plus the places mentioned in Long Beach. Marina del Rey is a long ways from San Pedro.

Edited by KeepCalmBearOn

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all who replied. We decided to stay in Marina Del Rey. TG brunch will be at 26 Beach, TG Dinner will be at Cast and Plow and Black Friday Dinner will be at Scopa Italian Roots (looking forward to this one as DW and I are both fans of Chef Antonia).