Sold out ?

I was looking at a cruise departing in two months; over the past weeks, there were always about 25 suites left, all of a sudden now it is sold out. How can this happened over night ? Sold out or technical issue or else ? What is your view? If sold out for real , what are the chances to have one later ?

1 hour ago, oceandream said:

I was looking at a cruise departing in two months; over the past weeks, there were always about 25 suites left, all of a sudden now it is sold out. How can this happened over night ? Sold out or technical issue or else ? What is your view? If sold out for real , what are the chances to have one later ?

It might be technical.  There is currently a world-wide IT fiasco going on and maybe Seabourn's website is affected.  You could try a mock booking of a different cruise to discover if this is the case.

On the other hand, there are companies that will take all the unsold inventory offered by Seabourn or other cruise lines a month or two out, then package it with air, hotel, and a few other toss-ins and sell all rooms in an hour or two.  One company we used many years ago has a mailing list of a couple hundred thousand customers.  They can quickly put 700 people on cruise if the deal is attractive enough.

We prefer to book way out nowadays, but that approach now seems to be disrupted by selling a charter out from underneath you according to a few recent posts.

If you are serious about the voyage, call your agent or Seabourn to make sure.

Hope that helps.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oceandream said:

I think @DTtravelers nailed it, especially with the suggestion you or your agent reaching out to Seabourn.  Another scenario is if the cruise you’re looking at is a segment to other cruises (e.g. a 12 day we just booked is also part of a 31 day and 20 day cruise).  In that case Seabourn may be moving cabin inventory around based on that (for example, the cabin category we were interested in is sold out on our 12 day, but is offered on the 31 day cruise that starts before our sailing, and is also part of the 20 day that begins at the same time as our sailing and ends later).  In that situation SB may have a cabin available on your sailing, but it’s not showing because it is part of a different “inventory bucket”.  On our last SB cruise it was sold out off-and-on in the month leading up to departure, so things do change.  Hope this makes sense, and best wishes in it coming back.

• Like 1

Thank you DT travellers and johng75370 for your expertise. FYI, I presumed that they had problem with website as available suites are back to previous level as before.  I will call Seabourn soon .