costa med questions (WESTERN)

firsttimer1972

just a couple of questions. leaving this sunday on costa med and am a first time cruiser.

can we buy duty free alcohol in toronto and bring it on board or will it be taken away?

are the free juices any good that are available or should i buy the soda card. can the soda card be shared between 2 people?

should i worry about bring some sea sickness remedies ..i was thinking about the patch that goes behind the ears... should i worry..

sorry for all the questions.....

lastely, what time is the early dinner? i believe they say 6pm and i think 7pm for formal nights..

our tickets should be arriving tomorrow and hopefully some of this info will be there.

thanks for all who respond--really excited and can't concentrate at work!:)

just a couple of questions. leaving this sunday on costa med and am a first time cruiser.

can we buy duty free alcohol in toronto and bring it on board or will it be taken away?

are the free juices any good that are available or should i buy the soda card. can the soda card be shared between 2 people?

should i worry about bring some sea sickness remedies ..i was thinking about the patch that goes behind the ears... should i worry..

sorry for all the questions.....

lastely, what time is the early dinner? i believe they say 6pm and i think 7pm for formal nights..

our tickets should be arriving tomorrow and hopefully some of this info will be there.

thanks for all who respond--really excited and can't concentrate at work

1) If you hide it in your luggage. If they see it they will hold it. I saw them go thru packages at each port and they took booze away. We put the crown royal that we purchased in an ice tea bottle.

2) Juices were not the best. Apple juice i think was the best. They have an non acholic drink card for about $56, you would be better to buy cokes as you needed them. I took the glass that was supplied in the room, filled it up with ice, put some coke and a little crown and took it to dinner each night, no questions asked.

3) I took bonine for a couple of nites then stopped.

4) We had late. I think yours is 6:00 or 6:15 as our was 8:30 or 8:45

Pack your alcohol in your checked luggage and you will be fine.

They have orange and grapefruit juice available in the mornings only, after 11am it is iced tea and coffee only for free.

I don't think you will need any sea sick remedy, the ship hardly moves, even in some pretty good size seas.

Early dinner is at 5:45.

Enjoy your cruise - we were on the 3/5 cruise and had a ball!

-Ron and Jane

There tea, water, and some sort of orange juice available throughout the day. You can buy a drink card at any bar for around 57.00 and yes you can share it. We bought 1 and my four kids shared it. It comes in the form of a coupon book that you need to present a coupon to get your virgin drinks, shakes, or fresh squeezed juice, or soda. As we have done in the past, have your taxi driver stop you by the grocery on the way to the port to pick up some supplies (alcohol). Just pack whatever you buy in your suitcase and it will be delivered to your room. You can carry on board any soda, water, or as we did Gatorade for the kids. Our adult beverages (beer) packed in our suitcases made it to the room just fine. One note to remember, no beer sales in Florida on Sunday before 12 noon.

Early dinner for us was at 5:45.

As far as sea sickness meds go....take non drowsy dramamine with you in case you need it. We went Western two weeks ago and it was the smoothest sailing I have had. The first evening usually is the toughest on my kids but they didn't even feel the ship move. Good luck and have a great time.

"should i worry about bring some sea sickness remedies ..i was thinking about the patch that goes behind the ears... should i worry.."

if you get car/boat sick easily yes. or if not bring some just in case. the best stuff is called BONINE, you can get it over the counter, its one small chewable pill and they last for 24 hours and work GREAT!

my pharmacist recommended them, i get motion sick bad, and i did not get sick once on the ship.

http://www.drugs.com/PDR/Bonine_Chewable_Tablets.html

Alochol was being confiscated on our cruise last week.

We only found coffe, tea and water available 24 hours. Knowing this, we brought along Crystal Light On-the-Go and several 16 ounce refillable plastic sports bottles and were set. Also, we visited a local drugsdtore in Key West and bought a 12 pack of soda and had no problems getting it on the ship.

The seas were rough on the last day at sea. Other than that, no problems.

Early dinner is at 5:45pm, with one night it occurring at 6pm. Plan on taking almost two hours to eat. The buffet is also an option for dinner, in the even that you want to stay on-shore longer.

I just posted a lengthy review--check it out for more info!

CeleBrat

Archived