Pacific Sun April 30th N614

mokindah

I'm going with my mum and sister. We'll be driving down from newcastle. We trying to sort out what to pack. Wondering if it will be cool in May as i went in February last time. It was cool coming into sydney then at 5.00am.

I'm going on this cruise with 3 of my friends. I'm so excited, the time is going past so quickly. Have started getting together bits and pieces that we need to take. I hope the weather's not going to be too cool. Have either of you got your tickets yet?

• 4 weeks later...
Hi, haven't seen any posts about this cruise. Is anyone here going on this cruise in appx 31 days.

Regards,

Moko

We're going on this cruise. We're first time cruisers so we are very excited. We have our tickets and all but received the on shore cruise order form too late to book. Hopefully this will not be a problem for getting the tour we want in Vila.

We will be staying on Main Deck right next door to the info desk.

Maybe we will see you on board.:)

We're going on this cruise. We're first time cruisers so we are very excited. We have our tickets and all but received the on shore cruise order form too late to book. Hopefully this will not be a problem for getting the tour we want in Vila.

We will be staying on Main Deck right next door to the info desk.

Maybe we will see you on board.:)

what number are you? we were in m066 and was really handy. No major noise except the last night when everyone was paying their bills all night. Our friends were in m080 and they said it was ok also

Hi Minorca,

Were also on Main deck 140 or something like that. Hey Karon what exactly is Umm sliding. I can see it is sliding down a bar, similar to what they showed on TTonight but why is it called Umm.

Minorca are you travelling as a family or with a group.?

Not long to go now :)

We're on the Upper deck, outside cabin and middle of the ship. I prebooked the Petit Train in Noumea. Wonder when we get confirmation. Probably when we get on the ship. I hope the fax worked.

When we pre-booked our tours on Pacific Sun last year we didn't get any confirmation prior to the cruise, but when we got to our cabins our tickets were already there waiting for us. I guess you'll hear from them if there ISN'T places available on the tours you selected, but otherwise, wait and see. If you haven't got anything by dinner on the first evening go to the tour desk and find out what's going on.

Also, remeber that any tours you pre-booked are charged to your cruise account on the first day of the cruise, and as you're going on Pacific Sun that will eat into the $300 advance you get at the start of the cruise - so it's a good idea to go to the pursers desk asap and top up your account.

Kym

Have a great time. Bring the Sun back safely for us.

Watch us on the cruise cam, if we get up to anything naughty you'll be able to know it straight away. I'm sure she'll arrive back safely in time for your trip. Bon voyage.:)

Peter and Camilla

what number are you? we were in m066 and was really handy. No major noise except the last night when everyone was paying their bills all night. Our friends were in m080 and they said it was ok also

We are booked for M89 although we are thinking of asking for an outside cabin if available. We were told that there were only inside cabins available at the the time of our booking but we suspect this is not the case. Trouble is we might be doing ourselves out of a good room and into a not so good if you know what we mean. Oh well we'll wait and see when we get on board.

Hope to catch up with you during the trip. Are you dining in the first or second sitting?

Peter and Camilla:)

Hi Minorca,

Were also on Main deck 140 or something like that. Hey Karon what exactly is Umm sliding. I can see it is sliding down a bar, similar to what they showed on TTonight but why is it called Umm.

Minorca are you travelling as a family or with a group.?

Not long to go now :)

Just us (husband and wife) We are celebrating hubs 50th birthday on the first night and our wedding anniversary on the last night.Sould be heaps of fun.:D

Peter and Cam

We're on the Upper deck, outside cabin and middle of the ship. I prebooked the Petit Train in Noumea. Wonder when we get confirmation. Probably when we get on the ship. I hope the fax worked.

We looked at Petit Train but decided to wait and see. Feedback from others who have done it say it's good but you do feel a bit silly being trucked around the town in this very cute but gaudy decorated train. Definately not for those who don't like looking like tourists. :D Have fun and hope to catch up with you on board.:)

Peter and Camilla.

If you think the Petit Train is tacky, try the city highlights for $15. It is in a regular bus and was ok.

Minorca. don't forget to mention to P&O, purser's desk and Maitre D' that it is a birthday/anniversary. You can get balloons on your door and possibly a cake for dessert.

Thanks Skyrules for pointing the cost of tours are taken off account right away. I didn't know that. Also the Petit train was good,they are used to it so didn't seem to bother the locals. A lot tooted us and waved in a friendly way.

Hi there,

No need to be nervous, they tell me but it's hard not to be.

Some things I am taking that other people may not have thought of are.

Ipod

GPSr

Powerboard

Computer

Torch

Binoculars

Reef walking shoes

Teddy Bear

Travel/Lint Brush

Travel Diary

Alarm Clock.

Snorkel Mask and Fins.

Phew! Ok there's heaps more but that's just some.

Not long to go :)

Minorca

A powerboard is a must. We also took a torch but never used it. Every bed has it's own little light so if you need to get up to go to the bathroom just use that. It's light enough for you to see but not so bright that it will wake up others. I used my mobile phone under my pillow as an alarm clock.

Karen

Thank you, we are still packing and unpacking but really excited to see that countdown at 2 days to go, woohoo, can't believe it, just wondering what time others are planning on arriving at the terminal to check in, cruise terminal that is.

Thanx Maxx and all

We will make a point of waving to the cruise cam at 5pm, just to let you know it's us. We are planning to get to the terminal at around 1:30 to 2:00. We are still packing but only stuff that we need till the last minute like medicines. We both must be getting old...the cocktail of pills and potions we are taking is amazing. Every thing from asthma medication to headache tabs and arthritis cream. Still there's lot's of fun stuff in our bags as well. See you all on board.:)

Peter and Camilla

Archived