Thermal Suite Change in days and pricing

Ricks

Okay, folks, this is. Tongue in cheek comment.  There are many reasons not to combine alcohol (vasodilator) with heat from various spots in the spa which are vasodilators.  In our many cruises I know of people who have brought sippy cups of wine, but none of them imbibed while in the thalosotherapy pools or the pool.   But given the lax standards of some people it could happen. Certainly, the spa is a noisier place than it was intended and the “whisper zone” signs disappeared a long time ago.

i have been known to bring my own sippy cup when lounging on the heated loungers or simply reading in the comfy lounge.  Alcohol and heat don’t and as such I’ve  never imbibed when doing serious vasodilatory locales, nor would I advise anyone else to do so.

Edited by MagnoliaBlossom

3 hours ago, Ellis1138 said:

Because nothing's better than someone spilling their beer in the pools or sauna...

That... and if I wanted to hang out with a bunch of drunks - I would hang out by the regular pool. I book the Thermal Suite to have a quiet place to relax. There are plenty of places on this ship to hang out, drink, and be loud... not enough places to enjoy the peace and quiet. 

As for the OP's post and related replies... I have only seen the Thermal Suite passes being sold for the total number of days of the cruise - so a 14 day cruise sells a 14 day pass. And no - it can't be used on embarkation day in my experience so far. So - the passes are always for 1 actual day less than the number of days of the cruise (you would disembark on day 15). I have also seen the price go up as you get closer. I had bought one Thermal Suite Pass, cancelled it because my son was added to my room and he wasn't going to pay for one... but then I went back and repurchased for both me AND him and was kicking myself because the price went up. I totally don't get why you can't use it on embarkation day. I mean... sure they might want to clean and such between cruises - but once she ship sets sail, I think they should open it for the evening. 

• Like 2

I'm not sure what ship you were on where you couldn't use it, but on the Escape and Prima, I was able to use the thermal suite once the horn-blowing of the muster drill was over. It's not peaceful, though. Lots of tours coming through the thermal suite on embarkation day.

3 hours ago, pghflyer said:

IDK, I am less concerned with the beer than the number of people who refuse to shower before using spa and sauna facilities in general.  Just went to a number of these in Iceland and couldn't believe how many people (they were all Americans) don't bother to shower at all, even though it is clearly shared and noted everywhere.

And how do you KNOW they aren't showering? I mean - every stateroom has a shower. Personally I would rather shower in my stateroom. How do you know they didn't shower shortly before/after going to the thermal suite? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ellis1138 said:

I'm not sure what ship you were on where you couldn't use it, but on the Escape and Prima, I was able to use the thermal suite once the horn-blowing of the muster drill was over. It's not peaceful, though. Lots of tours coming through the thermal suite on embarkation day.

Bliss and Gem - For the Bliss - was turned away and told it wouldn't be open until the following morning. Who knows - maybe something else was going on that day? For the Gem - was just old that (but didn't show up to use it). Will try again on my next cruise then... 

• Like 1