Sky Suites on Sun Princess

Has anyone sailed in a Sky Suite on the new Sun Princess and could share the list of perks they got? I've looked at Princess' website and the perks seem so much more limited than they are for the Sky Suites on the other ships like Enchanted. Thanks!

This is honestly something I’ve been wondering since they reworked their pages for the Sun and Star. The original pages listed sky suite benefits that were very much in line with the Enchanted and the Discovery (except for a few obvious ones like the private balcony for viewing movies under the stars since obviously the change in location dictates that’s not an option). The new ones have stripped out a number of perks.

Before the Sanctuary Class “Upgrade” these were also listed benefits which are now seemingly missing.

Seamless Curb to Suite

Pre-Cruise Shoreside Concierge

Suite Experience Manager

Premium Champagne on Arrival

Reserved Theater Seating (this was included before premiere was automatically included with the sanctuary collection)

Two Full Bottle Bars Setup and Mixers

Private Shopping Concierge

Complementary Fine Wine Tasting

Complementary Ultimate Balcony Breakfast AND Dinner

In-Room Coffee Machine

Some of these, I expect are still part of the package but it makes me wonder if they didn’t drop others. I have Screenshots of the original Sun Princess Page with the Pre-Sanctuary Class versions from when I booked. I know we’ve already lost the Signature Sun Deck and will now be sharing the Signature Restaurant with all the Sanctuary Class Cabins (and obviously everyone is losing park 19)… but it makes me wonder if they also cut these other perks on the sly.

Its all these changes and potential lost benefits is really making me annoyed and nervous about my booking of a Sky Suite next April. I would greatly appreciate anyone booked into a sky suite before April 2025, if they let me know what benefits from the list above are still a thing and what, if any, have been fully removed.

i would reach out to support to ask directly but they barely know anything. If it’s not listed on the current publicly available page they’ll say it’s not included. I’m sort of waiting for my suite manager to reach out to actually know but that won’t be until a week or 2 before the cruise at best if they reach out at all (assuming it’s still a thing).

For anyone wanting to see the original benefits lists BEFORE the sanctuary update. These are not necessary current for any new bookings but I assume are included for past bookings before the Sanctuary Class update.

IMG_7186.jpeg

IMG_7187.jpeg

IMG_7188.jpeg

IMG_7189.jpeg

It looks like they are bundling Premier with the Sky suite on the Sun.  I wonder if this will be added to the other ships Sky suite benefits.  Although if the other perks are removed it is not a good trade.

2 hours ago, Mara4166 said:

It looks like they are bundling Premier with the Sky suite on the Sun.  I wonder if this will be added to the other ships Sky suite benefits.  Although if the other perks are removed it is not a good trade.

I know the plan with these new Sanctuary cabins on the Sun was to have everyone who books one (for sailings after October 14th) get Premier rate benefits but I agree it does seem like there's a lot of overlap. We enjoyed our previous Sky Suite experience on Enchanted and the extra perks that the other suites didn't get really made the extra cost and onboard experience better for us. If there's not the extra differences, then I don't see the logic behind the extra cost simply for a bigger cabin.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, keldaria said:

Worth noting that Princess does provide a better list during the actual booking process. If you pick a cruise and a Sky Suite this is what you should see.

IMG_7192.jpeg

IMG_7194.jpeg

Thank you for sharing these screencaps. I'm going to send them to my TA in hopes it helps get an answer from Princess. We sail this November and I'll be sharing and answering questions as much as I can while onboard.

I'm curious about the reference here referring to the Thermal Suite since no ship with a Sky Suite is listed in their footnote. Was really hoping the use of the Enclave would still be a perk as it was for our cruise on Enchanted.

17 hours ago, RRFPresident said:

Thank you for sharing these screencaps. I'm going to send them to my TA in hopes it helps get an answer from Princess. We sail this November and I'll be sharing and answering questions as much as I can while onboard.

I'm curious about the reference here referring to the Thermal Suite since no ship with a Sky Suite is listed in their footnote. Was really hoping the use of the Enclave would still be a perk as it was for our cruise on Enchanted.

Please let me know. It was my assumption that the thermal suites was just a reference to the smaller ships allowing suite users access the the thermal suites so it got stamped on all suites. I purchased a cruise length pass to the enclave for my upcoming trip because I didn’t think it was included. If you find out otherwise I’d be interested to know. Any updates you could give about perks would be greatly appreciated as I sail in April.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2024 at 7:05 AM, keldaria said:

Please let me know. It was my assumption that the thermal suites was just a reference to the smaller ships allowing suite users access the the thermal suites so it got stamped on all suites. I purchased a cruise length pass to the enclave for my upcoming trip because I didn’t think it was included. If you find out otherwise I’d be interested to know. Any updates you could give about perks would be greatly appreciated as I sail in April.

Got this response from Princess’ official account on Instagram. IMG_6269.thumb.jpeg.18e40f52d63fa631a14ac94d0d233b9b.jpeg