Canadian Military Discount

Hi armwinder.  Sorry, I actually have the same question about ID.me, but for the teachers discount. I'm also Canadian, and the process seems potentially challenging for non-Americans. If anyone has done it, I too would be grateful to hear of your experience!

Just set up the ID.me account through NCL's website to be registered for the NCL military discount as a Canadian veteran. 

Process was really easy and only took a couple of minutes.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I did not initially go through the NCL link, once I did use their link it was very easy. Just send a picture of Canadian proof of service. 

Edited by armwinder

I was finally able to link my id.me (Canadian military) to my NCL profile today!! It was fairly straightforward. I went to the I’d.me site, logged in, searched for NCL and clicked on the “Canadian” offer they had listed. It took me to the NCL page where I already had a latitudes account and then that’s all that was required. Now every time I log into NCL it says I’m part of the program on the main page. However.. setting up your id.me and having it verify your military status…that’s another story.  Today I was able to get 10% back on our upcoming cruise which was already fully paid for. I just called NCL and asked if they could apply it to the booking. They did a re-price and let me know what the refund was without having to cancel or anything. I’d call that a win!

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Cruiser0422 said:

However.. setting up your id.me and having it verify your military status…that’s another story. 

That's what I'm worried about. Did you have to give a lot of personal information? I also read you have to do a live video verification via a video chat, and it can be difficult to actually get a human on the line.

I really don't understand why they need a 3rd party to verify this, when the actual proof of profession (in my case teacher) is such a low bar (paystub or id card).  In the meantime we give all this personal info to a 3rd party private company!

Edited by Web.Papyrus

• 2 weeks later...

This is fantastic news!   I have advocated for this for a couple years with NCL.  I am a US Veteran and have met several "Northern" Vets and we have shared a few cocktails discussing this.   I will be reaching out to them and letting them know.    

Thanks