Quality and Service Concerns for newbies

Funcouple

I will never go on this ship again because: The bread was bad. They ran out of bananas. The ice was not cold enough. There was a stain on the carpet. The waiter brought me the wrong entree. The goose liver tasted bad (duhh??). The food arrived cold. The guest services reps were mean. hmmm.

We've been on a few cruises and we've never had such a bad experience to deter us from any particular ship or cruiseline.

Has anything ever gone wrong on any of my cruises? Yes. But not so wrong where I come home and BASH, BASH, BASH -- even a little bit. Some cruise travellers have this "I deserve since I spent a lot of money" type of attitude. Well, I've discovered that generally cruising is an awesome value and I'd have to spend a lot more on a land vacation to get even close to the service, food, entertainment, and fun that a cruise can offer.

Once in a while even the best in any business mess up a little. The good ones do their best to make up for disappointments. The same goes for travel. It's pretty obvious that many "critics" expect way too much. Veruca Salt comes to mind.

Have you ever driven your car down a highway before? Of course you have. Are you a good driver? Sure you are, no tickets or accidents -- you're pretty darn good. Have you ever drifted over the line? Huh? Ever? My guess is that everyone does it at least once a day if you drive 30 minutes or more.

OMG, drifting can not be allowed -- that's a really bad driver (as some would say).

Well, once in a while the service on a ship drifts from time to time, afterall, they are servicing a "boat load" of demanding people.

When it comes to quality and service from a critics point of view, I'm interested in the ones that drive 65 mph in a 35 mph zone. Or how about the one that passes on the right using the shoulder. Not so much interested in the little drifter.

Read these reviews and read between the lines.

Archived